How am i gonna cut those rods?

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
pete-rose-slide-549x600.jpg

In for the horror stories if you're doing the work!!!!:laughlots::laughlots::poke:
In for the horror stories of you ACTUALLY driving your car... :evillaugh:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
pete-rose-slide-549x600.jpg

In for the horror stories if you're doing the work!!!!:laughlots::laughlots::poke:

I can tell what Darren is trying to convey with this picture.
It's the photographic depiction of his engine internals current state.. COMPLETELY SAFE :beer:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Paps, don't let some of the posters get to you. You are building your own motor and asking questions about things that don't seem right. That's what normal, rational people do. I think you will do just fine as long as you can find a decent machine shop.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I can tell what Darren is trying to convey with this picture.
It's the photographic depiction of his engine internals current state.. COMPLETELY SAFE :beer:

You know Darren just sat there and stared at the picture for like 15 minutes, stroking his plugs, thinking about how better that guy's hair must feel.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I seem to recall a ttotd that was from another forum and everyone on that forum was saying that you had to crack it yourself, lol.

You aren't the first person to think that and probably won't be the last.

I have seen this posted a couple of times before along with some pictures of the rods and than one when someone untightened the bolts just a smidge. You could see right there that the rods were cracked but just barely. I think only one of them you could tell it was cracked already.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
I built my coyote with boss internals , had the same fun , loosen them up and I Used a hammer handle to hit them with so I wouldn't scar them , Its scary when they crack , trust me , does not seem natural to be whacking your rod till it cracks......

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I built my coyote with boss internals , had the same fun , loosen them up and I Used a hammer handle to hit them with so I wouldn't scar them , Its scary when they crack , trust me , does not seem natural to be whacking your rod till it cracks......

So how many times did you whack your rod? :)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New engine builder in town......he is going to crack my rods for me. I mean, if he can part the Red Sea, then he can certainly handle 8 rods, even if they are from a coyote motor.

[
LiveLeak-dot-com-ca3_1406170213-tencommandmentscharltonhestonmoviemosesS_1406170078jpgresized.jpg~original

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
My Boss rods were self cracking. Just loosen the bolts up and use a connecting rod separator. Almost like they didn't need to be cracked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back