i need a measurement quick!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can anyone measure on one of the rear wheels, the distance between the center of the axel and the very top of the caliper?

i need this measurement, only on a rear Caliper/axel. If it is 6.5" or less i have a drag wheel that weighs 16lbs per rim and is 15x10 in size. also costs about 250/rim. sfi street/strip approved aswell

DSCN0351-1.jpg

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
basically i need these 2 measurements. i need as exact as possible. i need D and E from this diagram

0000000871-prod.jpg

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Ron, I have digital calipers. I'll check for you in the morning if you don't get a good answer before then...I am getting ready to crash. 4:00 AM comes quick. plus it is still raining and I didn't clean the garage yet.

CJGT

Reaction score
ron ,just went to check, stock rotors &calipers on mine measured 6 3/4 center of axle to top of caliper and 5/8 in. rotor face to outside of caliper.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you. i will relay these measurements to the person tommorow and hopefulyl we may have a lightweight, streetable, 15" drag wheel option

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Ron, sorroy I didn't get back sooner. I was at a client site all Fn' day. Just got home and I am on the way back out again.

I got basicly the same results. 6.71" center hub to the top outside of the caliper and .5" from the front surface of the rotor hub to the front outside of the caliper.

One problem I found...measurement E is variable depending on pad wear. We need NEW pads to validate this test. You can assume .75 and hope the MOE is within limits, but it's a crap shoot.

Be back in an hour to kick it around some more.

Later, Spaz

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well now that you got your question answered, I can finally respond:

"I need a measurement quick!"

Ron, it won't get any bigger if someone else measures it... :samuri::thud:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well now that you got your question answered, I can finally respond:

"I need a measurement quick!"

Ron, it won't get any bigger if someone else measures it... :samuri::thud:
Don't measurements invariably alter whatever it is being measured? He may have a chance... :clap:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't measurements invariably alter whatever it is being measured? He may have a chance... :clap:
Unless we are talking about the need for a Scanning Tunneling Microscope to take this measurement, I don't we need to worry about the input energy of the observation here... Perhaps some shrinkage owing to the cold weather, but nothing serious...

Ok, I have to go wash the vomit out of my mouth after that one, but it was so worth it... :puke:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok no go guys. wheels will definitely not fit. we would need to cut about .5" from the top of our calipers and even still use a spacer as the 5/8 clearance isnt enough to clear the spoke from the caliper. They wont do custom orders either. we are back to square one

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude...Bummer. I mean about the wheels.
Too small huh? And the wheels don't fit either? Bummer indeed...

Roper-Dope said:
That depends on who is doing the measuring. Try a female next time.
Never had to quibble over exact dimensions, so I will have to defer to your metric expertise on this subject as it seems you have tried both and come to a reasoned conclusion...

Ron,
So, what were you looking at? (the wheels that is)

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back