Keep the 4C or Go Back to Stock?

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I currently have a 14 auto gt and I put a 4c converter in it a couple months ago, it doesn't drive bad at all but a couple things have me wanting to put the stock converter back in. First is I want something that drives like stock, the 4c is not that bad but definitely not stock feeling lol. Reason 2 is I plan on adding a power adder and really wouldn't need the stall to get 60's in the 1.5-1.6 range, and that's really where I want to be. Not looking for 1.3-1.4 60's at all. What kind of power can the stock converter handle? Any opinions or advice is appreciated!

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The stock converter can handle plenty of power. That's not an issue. If a TVS or twinscrew is in the plans the stock converter will be fine. If a centrifugal is an option keep the Circle D. I wouldn't give up my Circle D for anything. Best thing I did.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Odd, you are the only guy complaining about how it drives. What does it do that you don't like?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Easier to hook up on the street with a stock stall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily complaining, it doesn't drive bad but it's no where near stock in my opinion. If I get to do the blower it will be a tvs and with the added torque I think it will launch fine with the stocker. The biggest reason I'm considering this is I'm not wanting a all out race car and with the extra power and torque from the blower I will get equal to or better 60's than I get now. If I was going with a centri or just all out I would definitely keep the 4c, thats just not direction I plan to go. The question I had was about the limits of the stock converter due to lack of research and info. Thanks guys!

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
If track times aren't at the top of your list I would stick a 3.55 in it. It will work well with the tvs. When you do the install have the converter restalled to a 2c. Circle D will do the first restall for free.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
If track times aren't at the top of your list I would stick a 3.55 in it. It will work well with the tvs. When you do the install have the converter restalled to a 2c. Circle D will do the first restall for free.

Track times are somewhat important, but I think with a stock converter and a TVS I should be able to get in the 1.5x 60' range and that's really all I hope for. I'm mainly looking for a stock mannered car that can go to the track and hopefully get in the 10's.. For now LoL.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
2c with a 3.55 will do you well for your goals.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
With a centri, 550-600whp, and stock stall w/3.15 gearing what is the 60' typically limited to?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back