Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Here's a picture of an air to water intercooler I saw for the procharger kits for our cars.

7707a6dcfe19228109c7a1e090534883.jpg

Just thought I'd throw it out here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Where does that fit? Looks like in front of the TB, just not sure what has to happen there.

I'm not doing ATW with my Procharger. The ATA I have now works fine for E85.

You won't see an ATW on my car till the 80mm turbo goes on it.

46addict

Reaction score
What size crank pulley do you have for the 12 rib? If it's 7.5" like mine is you would be spinning the blower almost 78k rpm with 7500 rpm engine speed, the F-1A's max out at 74k. Or do I remember something about you installing different bearings in your blower a while back?

7.65 crank pulley, and yes, ceramic bearings in this blower.

Is the bearing design one of the main things that affect RPM ceiling? Or is there more to it than that?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Is the bearing design one of the main things that affect RPM ceiling? Or is there more to it than that?

The type of bearing is one thing, but the impeller design very much affects the efficiency island of the blower. Spin it fast enough, and you're just churning air into a hot mess. I don't think 78k rpm is overkill here.

46addict

Reaction score
Billy do you remember offhand how much it cost to have IW cut you a crank support?
I'm scared to ask what that bill looked like.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The type of bearing is one thing, but the impeller design very much affects the efficiency island of the blower. Spin it fast enough, and you're just churning air into a hot mess. I don't think 78k rpm is overkill here.

This.

Billy do you remember offhand how much it cost to have IW cut you a crank support?
I'm scared to ask what that bill looked like.

I made the front and back plates. Then had IW cut the spacers and mandrel. The mandrel bearing and mount for it were furnished by IW as well but was purchased, not made. I would have to dig though some receiptss to get a number, but it wouldn't due you much good since IW is not doing any custom work anymore. They said they are just to busy. I had to have a company here in Texas cut my 3.4 pulley for me a couple months ago.

TheBlackPearl

forum member
Reaction score

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
New to me block has been bored .030 and is here now awaiting prep and deburring. I have been told that the rotating assembly should be ready to pick up on Wednesday with everything weight matched and balanced ready for assembly.

I guess I will see what a stock stroke 289 with 9.8:1 CR can do!

This is my first time to put a non stroker motor in my car since the factory did.

I do have a second Teksid block being prepped to rebuild with my stroker kit with new pistons and one new rod for, well IDK yet, just doing it since I have the parts...

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I talked to the shop today and the RA is getting balanced tonight. I found a few marks on the decks that I did not like, so the block is going back in the shop tomorrow to be decked some to clean it up. Good news is, I will have everything tomorrow afternoon late to get to work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back