Marc S build version 6.0

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have signed into a sponsorship/marketing agreement with Summit Racing Equipment for the 2014 season. I couldn't be happier with this partnership and their interest in being part of the team. They already sell and represent most of the companies that are sponsoring me. So, they feel this is a very good fit for them and it certainly helps me out too.

To start with, they will be providing all of the required safety equipment that I need, and it's an open ended agreement for future support. So far, I have received a new Hans device, Sparco 3-2A/5 fire suit, and a Safecraft RS series fire suppression system with the Dupont FE36 agent. More items should arrive next week.

That is a sweet deal for sure! Grats.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I have signed into a sponsorship/marketing agreement with Summit Racing Equipment for the 2014 season. I couldn't be happier with this partnership and their interest in being part of the team. They already sell and represent most of the companies that are sponsoring me. So, they feel this is a very good fit for them and it certainly helps me out too.

To start with, they will be providing all of the required safety equipment that I need, and it's an open ended agreement for future support. So far, I have received a new Hans device, Sparco 3-2A/5 fire suit, and a Safecraft RS series fire suppression system with the Dupont FE36 agent. More items should arrive next week.

It just keeps getting better! I'm still certain that at some point you will be building these things for racers. Your driving skills combined with that car will sell more than just parts for the sponsors imo.

When you build the conversion shop it needs to be in Snohomish county. Preferably around the Marysville/Smokey Point area. There are a few empty auto dealerships up here that would fit the bill.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Marc ...

Way to go and congratulations Big-Guy.

Terry

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score

Congrats Marc!

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Made progress installing the 3 nozzle Safecraft fire suppression system that was supplied by Summit Racing Equipment. I figured that is was a good idea to mount the fire bottle pull cable as close to the battery switch as possible. In the event that I crash and am unconscious, the corner worker can shut the battery off and pull the cable.

Next week, I will install two nozzles under the hood and one in the cabin.

20140315_143204_zpsbe877022.jpg

20140315_142817_zps7505d9ba.jpg

20140315_142343_zpsa4947df9.jpg

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool Marc... Congrats you certainly have put in the time, effort and cash. A well deserved windfall sponsorship. This thread is always full of win.

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score
Wow.. words escape me..

That's barely even a reflection of the car I saw two years ago at Pacific Raceways when Tom P. brought me out.

Very nicely done!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The wrap is getting close to being done. At the last minute Seibon came through with free carbon fiber doors, trunk, and a hood. So, this put me behind schedule. The wrap guy cut my numbers out of the door wrap so that my car numbers are the carbon door material. He still has to outline the numbers in yellow, put the stripes on the roof, wrap the rockers and rear valance.

Even though my OEM doors were completely gutted, the Seibon doors were 48lbs lighter for the pair.

2013-10-24_16-08-55_829_zps802c8d95.jpg

Wow, just noticed this. That is pretty awesome seeing how the doors alone go for $2K from what I saw.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
The to do list is getting really short now.

I finished installing the fire suppression system, I installed the Autometer shift light along with an 8400 rpm chip, and I flushed the brake fluid. I'm down to draining the coolant and changing the oil.

If the weather stays nice, I will be out testing on March 30th.

20140317_183437_zpsaff6010d.jpg

1979708_547688778663310_1224919504_n_zps2fd7f350.jpg

20140319_110130_zpsc7437a69.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back