Mickey Thompson's (New-Street-Comp) UHP tire tested Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm running the 305/35 on down force wheels with stock suspension. They dont rub. The guy i got them from had his car lowered with no issues.

Tire performance....meh. I had better traction with 275/35 nitto 555

They are relatively cheap. So they would make a good cruising around tire IMO.

Attachments

• 20150504_103258.jpg
    20150504_103258.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 17

travelers

Reaction score
I installed them last spring on 19" wheels and they are great dry and good in wet weather. I have driven in 40*weather and that can be fun (slick). I haven't checked ware on them but I can tomorrow.

Dlford52

Reaction score
Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire Review

Brent, what is your suspension like? I have a Saleen with their OEM drop (I think that's a 1.5" drop) I just want to make sure they don't stick out beyond the fender on a 10" wheel, or scrub on the top or sides in a curve or over a bump

Update: my offset is 50mm on the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
My suspension is stock. The guy before me had eibach prokit with no ph bar. The wheels are +40 offset. He had no rubbing issues. It was very close though

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Probably because of the who created that review. Lol even though it was pretty decent.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Now that's funny^

<insert a thumbs up pic next to a brenspeed decal equipped object in my boonie hat>

Best of wishes,

-Jinx

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
I run staggered street comps on my 5.0. Great tires when it's warm, but are extremely dangerous in cold weather.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
that's going to look weird with the same aspect ratio front and back. your sidewalls in the back are going to be huge

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I thought the same thing then I saw in the pics that it's not near as bad as my old setup with 275-30-20 front and 315-35-20 rear. I've finally decided to do this same setup on my DF5s. Im not trying to spend a fortune on tires to have a brand and model matching set of tires that have 305-30-20 as an option.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I came in here expecting a tire review :disgust:
As was I...

I like how this was ignored...

This thread is in the wrong section too.

Probably because of the who created that review. Lol even though it was pretty decent.

So, all of that. I was going to link Tiger's review. It's a tough read (as are most of his posts), but worth the slog. It took those tires off my shopping list.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
that's going to look weird with the same aspect ratio front and back. your sidewalls in the back are going to be huge

Really?

I guess everyone has their own opinion, but most of the common 30- and 25- aspect ratio tire sizes make the rear tire look smaller than the front.

305/35-20 is pretty much perfect, IMO. Especially with a nice fat 265 or 275 up front.

2012_gt_storm1_sm.jpg

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I have 275/35/20 all around. These tires are pretty narrow for the size they claim. Looks like 255 more than 275s.

I've had the MT street comps and now the Cooper RS-3S exact same tire. They are bit on the noisy side. Not sure if it's just coincidence but they get punctured really easily (nails on both tires) and they turn brown really easily.

I drove them during the colder months and surprisingly good for summer tires. Of course I babied it everywhere but never hit traction control.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I linked to Tiger's thread because it has been an active thread for well over a year (maybe 2 years) and has multiple reviews from multiple users, including myself. Even ignoring Tiger's posts there's still a wealth of info on these tires in that thread.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how much these tires factored in to the demise of Brian's car. We'll never really know.

My hankook V12's are absolutely brutal in cooler temperatures.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back