My Sunday project

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
I was on the fence about installing the FRPP intake manifold, especially since my car is a DD and only occasionally sees the open track. I woke up this morning and said, screw it, I'm putting this thing on my car. Install wasn't too bad. I loaded up my Brenspeed tune and was on my way around town. Overall I will admit that it feels like I lost some grunt down low (seat of the pants), but the top end screams like a beast! I was able to open it up a little bit entering the highway and can definitely tell I gained some power on the top end. I'm satisfied with the result, especially with the looks under the hood. :clap:

photo1.jpg

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
it looks good. now get those valve covers done

That will be my next project....I think I can only bend over the engine compartment for so long before my back is done for the day. Powdercoated Ford Racing valve covers are definitely a Christmas present to myself. =)

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Save yourself some money and have David (fallenauthority) do your valve covers. I think he even has an exchange program setup now.

Earl

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Save yourself some money and have David (fallenauthority) do your valve covers. I think he even has an exchange program setup now.

Earl

The only problem is that my car is a DD....or does he send a set out already powdercoated and you send back your old set?

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Looks good,always a nice feeling when you work on your own car!!

Yeah this wasn't too bad. When I first read the instructions I freaked out a bit...but once I read through them carefully this wasn't too bad. It took a little time, but then again I wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Took a long break from being here, but didn't ford fix the black lung?

Yeah that was with some of the older gen models. I believe Ford addressed that issue with the newer gen models. I haven't seen any posts on the black lung since those 1-2 people posted YouTube videos a few years back now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back