New Drag Tires with New(ish) set-up??

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes!!! It's down hill, 6" short and has a standard DA of -5000 feet all year round :handjob:

I think the main reason's why I havn't been there is because id rather run everywhere else... numbers at cecil only stay at cecil xD Ive ran 12.0's at 3 differn't tracks -_-

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, that's where I left my 12.0's...Atco and Island were kind enough to throw me some 11's......

I still remember that moment in Rockingham when we were stuck on the starting line ahahaha I was so mad... I ended up missing a gear on that last pass -_-

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just hope my car will be ready before March. The latest, April...................

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I still remember that moment in Rockingham when we were stuck on the starting line ahahaha I was so mad... I ended up missing a gear on that last pass -_-

And I couldn't find a decent launch to save my ass....

Seems like I've had my fair share of those "moments".

Then the rain came :mad2:

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
And I couldn't find a decent launch to save my ass....

Seems like I've had my fair share of those "moments".

Then the rain came :mad2:

I'm so glad I didn't come, no offense to you guys, but flying up there from Texas only to find the event cancelled would NOT have been fun. I was planning on going either there or SEMA, and I chose SEMA(because all the new products/cars), but I ended up not going to SEMA either because the guy who was going to get us tickets never did, what a joy. :mad2:

I truly give props to Chad05gt for making the trek up there, I don't think I could do it.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I truly give props to Chad05gt for making the trek up there, I don't think I could do it.

Try going from Texas to Bristol, Tennessee for a race. Leave there Sunday night and drive to Baltimore. Leave the rig in long term airport parking at the Baltimore airport so you can fly back to Texas for work. Work Tuesday through Thursday (12 hour days so your paycheck doesn't suck) then fly back to Baltimore on Thursday night. Drive from Baltimore to Atco, New Jersey for a race. Leave NJ Sunday night and drive to Epping, New Hampshire. Drop the trailer at the track for safekeeping then drive the truck back to Boston. Leave the truck in airport parking in Boston and fly back to Texas for work. Work Tuesday through Thursday (again...12 hour days) then fly back to Boston on Thursday night. Pick up the truck and head to Epping for the race. Leave Epping Monday morning and drive back to Texas.

Tennessee.....won the race.
Atco.....flooded out after round one.
Epping....runner up but clinched World Championship.

Profit/Loss: $1190 in the negative even with the winner & runner-up checks and contingency money.

That's what it takes, kid.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Try going from Texas to Bristol, Tennessee for a race. Leave there Sunday night and drive to Baltimore. Leave the rig in long term airport parking at the Baltimore airport so you can fly back to Texas for work. Work Tuesday through Thursday (12 hour days so your paycheck doesn't suck) then fly back to Baltimore on Thursday night. Drive from Baltimore to Atco, New Jersey for a race. Leave NJ Sunday night and drive to Epping, New Hampshire. Drop the trailer at the track for safekeeping then drive the truck back to Boston. Leave the truck in airport parking in Boston and fly back to Texas for work. Work Tuesday through Thursday (again...12 hour days) then fly back to Boston on Thursday night. Pick up the truck and head to Epping for the race. Leave Epping Monday morning and drive back to Texas.

Tennessee.....won the race.
Atco.....flooded out after round one.
Epping....runner up but clinched World Championship.

Profit/Loss: $1190 in the negative even with the winner & runner-up checks and contingency money.

That's what it takes, kid.

:thud: lots and lots of work I see, I never realized it took that much...

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
That's just the late east coast swing. In '08 we did Orlando FFW then back home. Atlanta was rained out so our next race was here at HRP. Two weeks later, Belle Rose, Louisiana. Two weeks after that was the Atlanta make up date. The very next weekend was FFW Virginia. So we go from Houston to Atlanta for the race. Park the rig at a friend's house near Atlanta and fly home for work. Fly back Thursday afternoon then drive all night to Richmond. Race the weekend then drive back to Alabama to have Doug tune the car then drive back to Houston. A month later we drive all the frickin' way to Ohio for that FFW race then drive all the way back home. After that was that gawd-awful east coast thing.

It isn't easy nor is it cheap but if you want it badly enough you figure out how to do it. When I tell people that black jacket is worth $23,855 they look at me like I'm nuts. That is what it cost just to win that black jacket. But a championship cannot be taken from you. Ever.

It is a lot of work, time, money, planning, and sacrifice. That doesn't include the actual racing part.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I love racing and cars in general but I don't think I could invest the time and money you do into racing especially, that would stress me out to bits, although I respect it very much. That's an expensive jacket and I hope it was worth every bit. Maybe someday I can meet you at an event SD, it sucks I never found you at NMRA.

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I think the main reason's why I havn't been there is because id rather run everywhere else... numbers at cecil only stay at cecil xD Ive ran 12.0's at 3 differn't tracks -_-

Yup, that's where I left my 12.0's...Atco and Island were kind enough to throw me some 11's......

Atco's DA tends to be lower than Cecil's, especially in the late fall/early winter. I just always liked Cecils prep and its only 1.5 hours away. On my 17 in wheels I ran 12.22 at Cecil, 12.29 at Maple grove, and 12.31 at Beaver so my numbers follow me when I leave Cecil. I had one shot last season with Johns Bogarts so of course I am going to go to the fastest track I can.......plus they were the only one open besides Atco which is 3 hours from me.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
not to thread jack but i was hoping to get out to atco this Sunday the 14th but i dought theyll be open to the the snow that pounded the East Coast.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL, "not to thread jack"......................this thread has been way jacked for a while now. Ask/talk about what you want, who cares at this point.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I ran 12.22 at Cecil, 12.29 at Maple grove, and 12.31 at Beaver so my numbers follow me when I leave Cecil.

That was my point, I have heard from more than one person, Cecil's times "don't count", usually from people that have never been to Cecil..

It's just a very good, consistantly hooking track.

Track elevations:
Beaver Springs 642'
Island 550'
Maple Grove 525'
Cecil 320'
Atco 90'

Last edited:

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
That was my point, I have heard from more than one person, Cecil's times "don't count", usually from people that have never been to Cecil..

Track elevations:
Beaver Springs 642'
Island 550'
Maple Grove 525'
Cecil 320'
Atco 90'
you go boy.when you have a fast car it's fast at every track,some more than others thats all.

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score

It's my home track so I get very sick of hearing it. I actually had a person tell me my 11 sec slip "doesn't count" because I race at Cecil. Sorry my track has good air and a great starting pad almost everytime I go.....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back