Number's seem to be off

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the following modifications: C&L Racer Intake, Delete Plates, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, Pypes LT w/ off-road H, and 4.10 gears on a 07 GT manual. Dyno numbers are below 300rwhp on Mustang Dyno. Tuner changed the spark plugs and it didn't make any difference either. Also previous tune was so lean that tuner was afraid to run as is, so he added more fuel. Tuner seems to think that the cams are the culprit. Before the LT numbers were 275 hp and tq. LT picked up around 25hp. I did the cam install almost 2 years ago. The car made a wee bit over 300rwhp at that time with everything minus LTs. Could I have installed the cams incorrectly and not cause instant damage to valvetrain? I am totally confused on the lack of power. I thought that the LTs were the missing piece to the puzzle for cams to perform. Anyone have any ideas on why sooo low?
P.S. Car sounds wicked bad ass with Cams & LTs:thumb2:

Thanks

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
So you lost Power with the install of your longtubes?

No, I picked up around 25hp with LTs, but before with everything else power was 275. Tune before headers was really lean mid 14.1 and on dynojet made like 305hp.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Every car behaves differently and tuning plays a big role. I have seen some guys on here making 330-340 with the hot rods, but your numbers are very similar to my friend Toms, and he had the same mods as you.... I seen his car dyno 307rwhp at Sutton last May. My advice is try a new tuner, then evaluate your situation from there.

If the car runs good and sounds good then don't worry about the dyno numbers. Just enjoy your car

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Every car behaves differently and tuning plays a big role. I have seen some guys on here making 330-340 with the hot rods, but your numbers are very similar to my friend Toms, and he had the same mods as you.... I seen his car dyno 307rwhp at Sutton last May. My advice is try a new tuner, then evaluate your situation from there.

If the car runs good and sounds good then don't worry about the dyno numbers. Just enjoy your car

The car does run well and sounds awesome, but I wonder if the cams could be off? I did have an issue with the RF journal being loose, but fixed it and no apparent drive-ability issues.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Well isn't 300rwhp on a mustang dyno more like 320 or 330 on a dynojet?

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the following modifications: C&L Racer Intake, Delete Plates, FRPP Hot Rod Cams, Pypes LT w/ off-road H, and 4.10 gears on a 07 GT manual. Dyno numbers are below 300rwhp on Mustang Dyno. Tuner changed the spark plugs and it didn't make any difference either. Also previous tune was so lean that tuner was afraid to run as is, so he added more fuel. Tuner seems to think that the cams are the culprit. Before the LT numbers were 275 hp and tq. LT picked up around 25hp. I did the cam install almost 2 years ago. The car made a wee bit over 300rwhp at that time with everything minus LTs. Could I have installed the cams incorrectly and not cause instant damage to valvetrain? I am totally confused on the lack of power. I thought that the LTs were the missing piece to the puzzle for cams to perform. Anyone have any ideas on why sooo low?
P.S. Car sounds wicked bad ass with Cams & LTs:thumb2:

Thanks

For what it's worth, I made 348/333 with the same mods. I agree with everyone else, run the car and see what the trap speed are.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Therefore the numbers arent as bad as they seem but I have seen higher. My mustang made 281rwhp with just an internet tune and axle backs

EDIT: Meant to say it made that much on a mustang dyno

Last edited:

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
remember a dyno is just a tuning tool, get it to a track and see what it traps. Dynojet dyno are around 10% higher then mustang dynos.

LuckyFlyingROUSH

forum member
Reaction score
Run it on the same dyno as before. THat will show the difference. Mustang Dynos read lower than Dynojets.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Tuner seems to think that cams might be manufactured wrong. He said he has seen it once on the hot rod cams. So, going to pull cams out and send them off to have them checked.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

pitbull4.6

forum member
Reaction score
I have never heard of that before. After your tuner said that, I would look for a new tuner lol.

Last edited:

b00stedgt

Reaction score
I would not be happy if I had to pull them out and re install becuase the manufacturer messed up

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back