One more 15X8 rim option on the cheap!

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you think you can put a 28x10x15 MT Drag Radial on thoses ?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Damn nice!!!! I think i might have to go for all 4 around myself for track usage.

What tire is close in size to the 26x11.5x17 MT E.T Streets but for a 15 inch rim that will
fit on there?

I'm at stock height w/ 4.10's

Would this tire be the same size as stock tire height? 27X10.50-15LT?

Currently my DR's are M&H 275/50R17 Drag Radials which are a bit taller than stock.

What tire are you putting on the front rim?

Please Report back ASAP when you get the fronts on, so I know if i need a spacer or anything.

SOunds like all you need for the rear is rim and tire, no modifying thats sick!! :D

Last edited:

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
hmm i have no idea what size tire to mount on 15 inch rears.

26X11.50-15LT, they have nice width but the height is shorter than stock increasing my 4.10 ratio

but then 27X10.50-15LT, have smaller width on paper than stock but height at stock level.

urgh, no clue what to run why dont they make something similar to this M&H 275/50R17 Drag Radials but without that epic height any advice?

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmm, this rim with a M/T 26 X 11.50R15 ET Street might do nicely...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hurry the hell up and get out on the track so you can tell us how this combination hooks!!

flyingbrian1

forum member
Reaction score
Everythings stock. I do plan on using open lugs. My tire guy is ordering me a lug that actually goes into the wheel where it tapers down and has an open end. I'll post pics of those too when the front runners come in. They allow you to use full threads with the stock studs. The nut portion is shorter so the stud sticks out past it. Hard to explain, but I'll post a pic as soon as they come in.

Hey, I'm about to get a set also can you get the part# for the lugs from your tire guy or pay you for a set for me?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it appear that ANY 15x8 with a back spacing of 5-1/2" will work? By moving the wheel 3/4" away from the caliper (from the stock back spacing of 6-1/4") the wheels apparently now clear the calipers.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Rouch, what year is your mustang its important for me to see if my year 07 if those rims would require no modifying.

Why arent you going w/ MT's Fronts or Sportmans for up front?? cost?

Guys with my setup what do you think would be the best rear tire for those 15inch rims?
26 X 11.50R15 ET Street? or 27X10.50-15 ET Street And if so, what Front tire would pair up nicely with it?

Last edited:

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it appear that ANY 15x8 with a back spacing of 5-1/2" will work? By moving the wheel 3/4" away from the caliper (from the stock back spacing of 6-1/4") the wheels apparently now clear the calipers.

Definately not the case. The wheel has to be extremely flat on the backside where it transitions to the face of the wheel. Most wheels curve in and make contact with the brake caliper...these wheels are pretty much flat and are still very close. Even though they don't touch I might hit the calipers lightly with a Tiger disk just for peace of mind, but is isn't necessary with these wheels.

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
Rouch, what year is your mustang its important for me to see if my year 07 if those rims would require no modifying.

Why arent you going w/ MT's Fronts or Sportmans for up front?? cost?

Guys with my setup what do you think would be the best rear tire for those 15inch rims?
26 X 11.50R15 ET Street? or 27X10.50-15 ET Street And if so, what Front tire would pair up nicely with it?

My car is an early '05. I would like to have M/T's for front runners, but for half the price I'll go with the other ones. I'm not really a track warrior, but if I can get some of this stuff for alot less than the top brands I'm all for it and these front runners will weigh ALOT less than my 275/40/18's I have on the front now. I would say go with the 27/10.5/15 ET Street. I think it would fit perfectly on that rim.

TC89LX

Reaction score
Very cool, I was thinking to trying the same set of those myself on my '05. My plan was the rears with a 275 60 15 MT drag radial and either a generic radial up front or a slightly taller 26x6 Sportsman S/R.

I'm curious to see pics with the fronts on as well.

Back