Reaction score

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder if these (or the Jegstars) could be widened? Guy that does all the wheel repair and wheel widening for HPP does it for like a hundred a wheel.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's just a regular old street radial. It might look good on the street, but I don't see it being much help in the traction department.

Traction is not an issue as it's for going to work or going to the racetrack, i have my 15" with et drag for racing.

That's just for look. I like the look with the 15", might change my 18" for those.

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Tired of waiting Yee Ha!! Picked up a set of holestars. What do you guys think of MT drag 28/10.5/15 is to much tire for 503 rwhp with 410s. Any suggestion on starting air pressure. Oh yea its manual trans.
holeshotwheels008-1.jpg

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder if these (or the Jegstars) could be widened? Guy that does all the wheel repair and wheel widening for HPP does it for like a hundred a wheel.

thats what i was thinking. Widen those 15x8 to 10. Hawg, can you double check on that guy??

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What sucks is that's the price of both wheels.

yea, but still the price of two wheels and having both widened is the same as the price of one Bogart!

thats what i was thinking. Widen those 15x8 to 10. Hawg, can you double check on that guy??

I doubt he would be able to tell me anything without having one of the wheels to look at. I know his price is correct, just don't know if it would be possible with this wheel. I will call tomorrow and talk to one of the guys in the office. They are familiar with this thread and the Jegstar thread so they know what the wheels are and would be able to talk to him about it.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
What do you guys think of MT drag 28/10.5/15 is to much tire for 503 rwhp with 410s. Any suggestion on starting air pressure.
I used to run that same tire on 15x9s with 4.10s. They worked pretty well for me. Depending on track conditions, I usually ran them between 10 to 12 psi.

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Don, I have a track rental March 31st at Atco, will start at 14psi and work my way down. UPS just del. my swaybar relocation kit, in the instruction it tells you to remove rear shocks. Can this be done by removing bottom shock bolt only?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Dude....can't you go to M/T's site and read the damn chart for yourself?????

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreet

#3758 is a 27x10.50-15LT. Weighs 22 lbs; M5 compound; recommended tube is the part number 9553; measuring wheel is 8"; 27" tall x 9" tread with a 10.6" sidewall width and has an 85" circumference.

For the front: #3007 is a 26" tall x 4.5" wide ET Front.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETFront

Or the #1573 is a 26" tall x 4.8" wide street style front tire.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/street.php?item=SportsmanFront

Happy now?

Just trying to get input of what tire combo would be best for my n/a setup at the track moving to e.t street's on 15 inch rim and for front runners.

:( Prefer not making a mistake :angry1:

THANKS BUD!! :beer:

Last edited:

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Do you know if that tube is ordered by 1 per order, or contains two tubes in 1 order?

Also you think I should run the tube in them? I thought some of the guys on here go tubeless?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Don, I have a track rental March 31st at Atco, will start at 14psi and work my way down. UPS just del. my swaybar relocation kit, in the instruction it tells you to remove rear shocks. Can this be done by removing bottom shock bolt only?

Louie - its the 30th Monday

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Do you know if that tube is ordered by 1 per order, or contains two tubes in 1 order?

Also you think I should run the tube in them? I thought some of the guys on here go tubeless?
I've never run tubes in my slicks...

XtremeStang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Don W I just pick up holestars and with mt slicks, screwed and no tubes one seems to lose more air pressure than the other in a few days.
Is this normal bc I'm not running tubes.

Stkjock (Dave) Thanks I would have been at Atco all by myself!!:angry1:

Last edited:

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those look great and the price is definitely awesome too. Nice to finally have some cheap options. Wish I wasn't broke.

Ray's 08 GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ok. Excuse me because I'm a newb. So most of your drag racing tires are going to require a tube? I know m/t makes a tubeless for the 17" rim but if I wanted to go with these 15's I will need to run tubes right?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back