Pypes FMS79

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have this setup? It's a stainless catback system for the 3.7 V6, and Jegs is selling them for $371 (with free shipping).

I've been looking for a video to hear it from within the cockpit, but haven't found anything yet.

AUtiger

Reaction score
can you link it? I can't seem to find it

edit: found it, it's SFM, not FMS. It's now at 449.99 and $14 handling, but free ground shipping

Last edited:

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
Can't wait for the video of this setup. really interested on how it sounds.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, it's SFM79 (I blew the part number in the subject), and yeah, the price went up a couple days after I found it.

I found some videos online, and it sounds really good, but I've seen people complaining about fitment (mostly on the 5.0 version of the system). I intend to install it myself, and don't have the equipment to deal with ill-fitting parts.

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, it's SFM79 (I blew the part number in the subject), and yeah, the price went up a couple days after I found it.

I found some videos online, and it sounds really good, but I've seen people complaining about fitment (mostly on the 5.0 version of the system). I intend to install it myself, and don't have the equipment to deal with ill-fitting parts.

Any chance you could link those videos you listened to online?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

cmrad

forum member
Reaction score
My apologies i was under the impression this thread was referring to the Pype Bomb axle back's for the 11+ 3.7L, didnt realize you were talking about the midmuffler setup. None-the less sounds pretty good

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Ya know what's really absurd - the magnaflow muffler deletes (they call it the "competition" axle-backs) - essentially just a stainless steel pipe with a tip welded on it - for $475. Seriously? A pipe with a tip for almost $500?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the M-80 mufflers by themselves. It'll cost me about $100 less to get the mufflers and have a custom system made than to buy the SFM79 "system".

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
I got a set of magnaflow comps for sale in the classifieds if your interested... Would work well with the M80 setup IMO. Tips look a helluva lot better than the pypes M80 set and these have resonators in them too..

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
That v6 in the vid sounds really good. Sounds very Japanese (no surprise), like a 350z but still a great sounding motor.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I had them mounted (mufflers only, not the "system"), and I gotta say I'm not sure I'm happy with it. It's pretty loud.

Windveil Blue

forum member
Reaction score
Loud like a honda with a grapefruit launcher for a muffler? Post a clip or two..

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I've decided I don't care for the sound. Sounds good at WOT, but just driving around, it sounds like a Honda to me. It's going to be a while before I change them out (need to get the Cervini Ram Air kit for my hood first), but I think I'm going to just replace everything from the cats back with an OEM GT500 setup.

I'll try to get a video made, but I have to find a way to secure my camera inside the car.

When I change them out, I'm hoping to be able to sell them (and the 4-inch stainless tips that I bought).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back