Question about tire size on stock 17's?

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
I am finally about to take the plunge and buy tires for my car since the tires haven't been changed since the car was born in 06. So I was wondering if any of you guys are running stock wheels with some real good street and strip tires. I want some tires the hook good that dont cost an arm and a leg. I was thinkning some nitto 555r's or some falkin Azenis but what was leaving me wondering was the tire sizes. If you guys could post up some pics if possible, if not just some general knowledge would be good or where to get them cheap also thanks in advance.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
A few choices would be Nitto 555R, BF Goodrinch drag radials and M&H racemasters. The Nitto 555R and BFG will last longer than the M&H but will not hook nearly as well at the the M&H. The other problem is the Nitto and BFG tires that fit the stock rims are 275/40/17 which are short and will increase the wheel gap. The M&H is 275/50/17 which is taller than stock, so you loose a little gearing.
My suggestion is to look for a set of used 17x8 rims and M/T E.T streets or M&H racemasters, if you plan on getting steeper gears and other go fast mods, and use one of these combos for track use only.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you going to be driving the car year around? Snow? rain? You don't want drag radials year around unless you live in CA. Kumho makes a good bang for your buck street tires and I think Hankook has a v12 tire, which is another bang for buck street tire.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was also telling some1 else that you can get great deals on here. I think someone has some new micky 305/40/18 on here. I pick up locally from wrench two(2) 17x9 rims, two(2) M&H 275/50/17 drag radials for like $230 bucks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back