Race me!

Reaction score
If you are in the chicagoland/midwest area and you think you got the skills or just want to see what your s197 is like on a real road course on Saturday Aug. 15th, then keep reading:

Why: Cause it's fun...and I need some competition. My class has no other entries yet. I've earned all my wins this season. I don't want to get a trophy just for showing up.

Where: Blackhawk Farms Raceway, South Beloit, IL.

How much:
$145 for non-members of any affiliated clubs participating.

What do you get for that?: At least 3 practice sessions consisting of 4 laps (in a row) from 8:00 to noon. After lunch starts the competition. Standing start, flying finish timed single laps. It's basically autocross, but on a real race track. Even if you are a novice, there are excellent instructors available at no extra cost.

Safety Equipment?: A helmet with a snell rating of 800 (I think), closed toe shoes and a long sleeve shirt. That's it...besides your factory seat belt of course. (I use a motorcycle helmet.)

What about mods and classifications?: Basically it's all "honor based", so I honestly don't care what you've got so long as it's not a supercharger or a turbo.
All v8 s197s EXCEPT GT500s and other "tuner" blower (roush and saleen)cars are in "Class X" My car is classified as "X Prepared" because I've got a intake, headers, exhaust, caster camber plates and an eibach pro-kit. Put it this way: if you've simply got an intake and exhaust alone, then you are no longer "X stock" category and are now bumped up into my class. If you got a blower (even if it was aftermarket) then you are "X Modified."

All in all: It's an absolute blast for what you are paying for. All out track day events cost north of $250. Think of it as a "taste" portion.
And believe me, this shit is more addictive than crack.
There will be alot of cool cars and beer afterwards is free.

Signing up can be done at:Myautoevents.com
You need to register on their site to sign up for events, but it's free.

Link to event page: http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=10176
(Paypal can be used to pay for the event.)

PM me if you want more details. I'll be more than happy to help or answer questions from now and through the race day. (I'm traveling right now, so be patient)

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I too would be all over this but they wont let Convertibles run without a $ point roll bar and im on the fence about it. Also, it would be a hell of a drive from NYC.

Reaction score
Well it looks like I got some competition...He's one of the program directors/instructors of my club. He's got a black 2000 SS.
Can't effen' wait.. Now I'm gonna go give my car a once over before I drive out to Gatlinburg, TN tonight. Gonna practice my moves on the Dragons' Tail while on vacation. Then, it's almost immediately to the race.

But, anyone else that can make it out, I highly suggest it. It's a ton of fun.

Reaction score
Well if anyone gives a rats ass:

I won.
Beat the autocross instructor in a f-body.
Beat an STI and an EVO.
Take that you stupid self-righteous turbocharged chinese take-out boxes!

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
lol grats!! what kinda car/mods you driving? I woulda thought the autocross is the last place for a mustang since there just so ef'n heavy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back