SALEEN S281 E - exhaust question

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
hi there,
my friend just bought a beautiful Vista Blue S281, my god its beautiful, anyhow.. according to him, he says the car has 4 cats, & he wants to increase the flow of the midpipe without changing headers..

so what sort of X pipe, H pipe or what ever he should go, yeah btw he doesnt want want to remove the 4 cats from the car becuase it'll be to raspy, thats what i think too..

so suggestions on how to increase the flow on SALEENS ?? :idea:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The E cars like any other 05-09 Mustang only come with two cats. They are no different on the extremes than they are on any other Mustang. If he wants an improvement a set of kooks long tubes with a catted X pipe is the way to go. If you just out to a catted x or h pipe its not going make much of a difference for sound or performance because it already has a 2.5" exhaust with only two cats stock. The Kooks longtube headers need a gt500 tr6060 transmission cross member brace for easy fittment of the X pipe hanger brackets because of its T56 trans.

JimIII

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
lol sorry my bad, i meant 2 cats..

anyhow he doesnt want to change the stock headers, so suggestions for the best catted midpipe ( X or H ) for SALEENS S281-E ???

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
lol sorry my bad, i meant 2 cats..

anyhow he doesnt want to change the stock headers, so suggestions for the best catted midpipe ( X or H ) for SALEENS S281-E ???

Magnaflow catted X pipe

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
thanks Jim, but i think i heard some where that supercharged motors that have X pipes blew their cats !
so should i advice the guy to go off-road X pipe ? or the magnaflow is reliable for supercharged motors with no issues ??

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back