Sinner....(Sactown F1R) build

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
It's a great blower but not what I want for more of a street car. It's a turd to drive until well into boost. If I was auto with a stall it wouldn't be an issue.

However, mostly how I want to use the car changed in the last two years.... I don't want a "car show" car.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
yeah it is an awesome blower, just not street friendly in Ca. you shouldn't have too much trouble selling it. Are you going race car now?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
No I'm going more streetable car. With the DOB 3.4 whipple I should get great drivability and more power then the F1R.

I'm going to dump the F1R pretty cheap with the entire waste gate and boost controller pretty cheap considering once Jason gets the car. I'll get to enjoy it as it is until spring

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Update to a boring LONG ass build...

The bugs are worked out and we removed the torco and just running meth and 93.

It put down 731/610

However, the car is getting sent to DOB for R-Spec in July

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a jet coming and going! Can't beat the sound and it drives pretty good out of boost and straight nuts when the boost hits.

The issue is with my trans I'm falling out of power between shifts and I want the power much sooner in the RPM

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Sounds like a jet coming and going! Can't beat the sound and it drives pretty good out of boost and straight nuts when the boost hits.

The issue is with my trans I'm falling out of power between shifts and I want the power much sooner in the RPM

can't remember stick shift? You should go power-glide, had one installed in my Mustang, love it for the track, but it would be very streetable also I just don't drive on the street any more in this crappy ass state

That blower always sound completely bad ass, even at idle.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Have Jason slide a 6060 in there while it is out. What are you shooting for power wise with the spec r?

We're thinking 6R80.

I think he's shooting for 800ish. Pretty much whatever id1000's max out at with e85. He's not looking to spend 'all the money". As you know a fuel system can go from $2500 to $5000+ real fast.

It will be a real good "driver". That's the goal.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We're thinking 6R80.

I think he's shooting for 800ish. Pretty much whatever id1000's max out at with e85. He's not looking to spend 'all the money". As you know a fuel system can go from $2500 to $5000+ real fast.

Oh I know all about spend all the money! :)

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
We're thinking 6R80.

What this man said.....

I would love the 6r80 but would be happy with a 6060. I don't think I would want to spend the extra for a magnum but it just depends on how things shake out. I do not want to build this car again.... Ever. Lol

Maybe once DOB gets the car he can do a build thread with it. [emoji48]

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
New update......

About 2-3 months ago something messed up the oil system in the car because I've been driving it with low oil pressure even though the light never came on and I never noticed the oil gauge reading low. We know that because when the light did pop on and and gauge show no pressure we tore threw the system and not only did the Billet oil pumps gears break into 7 pieces but everything was burned up.

So I'm rebuilding the motor with new parts and re-machining everything that need it. Being that this happened I'm not sending the car to DOB for his kit. I'm getting the car running and fixed completely and selling it ASAP.

I hate this car!!!

Might post a sale thread soon to gauge interest.... As soon as it's fixed I'm dropping the car off at a dealer that sells custom autos. I don't want to even bring the car home.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
New update......

About 2-3 months ago something messed up the oil system in the car because I've been driving it with low oil pressure even though the light never came on and I never noticed the oil gauge reading low. We know that because when the light did pop on and and gauge show no pressure we tore threw the system and not only did the Billet oil pumps gears break into 7 pieces but everything was burned up.

So I'm rebuilding the motor with new parts and re-machining everything that need it. Being that this happened I'm not sending the car to DOB for his kit. I'm getting the car running and fixed completely and selling it ASAP.

I hate this car!!!

Might post a sale thread soon to gauge interest.... As soon as it's fixed I'm dropping the car off at a dealer that sells custom autos. I don't want to even bring the car home.

If you don't mind me asking, what dealer is this?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back