stock subs

blue3v

forum member
Reaction score
this might be stupid but when i bought my car it already had a aftermarket cd player in it. now it looks like my car came with the shaker 500 system in it. going through the settings i cant get the sups to come on. can anyone tell me a way through wiring to get them to work. or other means thanks

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First thing I would do would be pull the head unit and see if they used any type of aftermarket kit to interface between the unit and the factory harness or if they just spliced in to the factory harness. That will probably find your issue for you.

Easiest way to make the stock speakers and amps (be it standard, skipper 500, or skipper 1000) to work with an aftermarket head unit is to get the Metra 70-5521 adaptor harness. Easily obtainable at just about any stereo shop or place that sells aftermarket stereos. It is a dual harness and has all the proper connections to go to the amps and subs. No guessing about amp on signals or what pair goes to what sub or any of that confusion.

blue3v

forum member
Reaction score
thinks man for the info the on that is in the car i believe is a single harness. i looked into it about 4 months ago and if i remeber there was 2 unused plugs from the factory

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they made one that already came with the voltage regulator. Soldering that thing without breaking the legs can be a pain.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thinks man for the info the on that is in the car i believe is a single harness. i looked into it about 4 months ago and if i remeber there was 2 unused plugs from the factory

Well there ya go.. wanna bet what those two unused plugs are for? :clap:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back