Tesla Sales Banned in Texas... Colorado, NC and Virgina following...

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing. Thinking about moving to Texas and miss my Cope!!!

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I lived for about 7 months without owning some sort of truck. Never again will I not own one.

Don't get me wrong, having a car parked in the garage never hurts, but I prefer my truck over anything else.

topbliss

Reaction score
I'm sure they have a place to do waranty work. Apple stores do repairs and warranty work on their products. I don't see the issue. I for one HATE sales people. I want to punch them in the face when they are trying to sell me something and basically act like i'm the stupidest person in the world.

edit: Its also a travesty that this man can't run his buisness in the model of his choosing. Forcing someone into a franchise is just insane. If nobody is allowed to try anything different, how can it get better?

With an Apple store you drop off a handheld unit for repair, easy. Can't drop off (or have a car towed there) like that with no repair facility.

topbliss

Reaction score
lol... This is one of the challenges with to much government. Country of the free my ass. Why not allow both or multiple versions? Heck, the dealership I buy from has no haggling. Similar concept to Tesla. The price is the price (Hanging from the windshield). And it is a Ford/Lincoln dealership.

I agree. I love to match wits with car dealers anyway cause I know more then the salesman on the product they are selling. :hi:I rather enjoy buying new cars

topbliss

Reaction score
I want to know what's the difference between what tesla does and what Carmax does? No haggle price. I guess the dealerships are just mad that it's not franchised. It goes to show that everything is political. Banning the sale of a vehicle because it's not through a dealership is ridiculous.

Franchising means less prophet for Elon. Greed is the issue

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Franchising means less prophet for Elon. Greed is the issue

Really, you can read his mind? Or are you one of those folks who believe every businessman is a greedy SOB.

Without successful businessmen, you'd be living in a cave.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Texas has enough trouble with fires, we dont need cars that catch fire too...

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

kon5t

forum member
Reaction score
The fact that you sometimes have to walk out of a dealership before the sales guy comes chasing you back and tells you "let me speak to the manager, see what we can do" then he goes and gets a cup of coffee, pretends to argue with the manager and gives me the price I wanted.

Tells me there is a problem with the current model, though not all dealerships are like that.

Oh man I have had some of the most irritating idiots as sales people, just amazing. Is there a name and shame that dealer thread yet?

Musk's idea/concept has pros and cons, but like apple, he can control the customer experience much better by controlling the sales process. This is bound to piss off the big boys...

Last edited:

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think it's greed. Nothing wrong with not wanting to give your money away.

agreed, especially when it also helps the consumer. Not having to haggle means not marked up prices. They sell for what the manufacturer intends them to sell for.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back