The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Cobra badges on a Shelby GT ^^^^ ????

No, Shelby Smake then made my own wings
05c5a495f52a00fcd108110987141a27.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If the car didn't come with Cobra badges/emblems from the factory.. It is not a Cobra, regardless of having Shelby's nameplate upon it..

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
He posts on m6g, but not as nearly as he used to on here. Can't figure out if he blocked me on facebook or just deactivated his account. Instagram is still there.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
If the car didn't come with Cobra badges/emblems from the factory.. It is not a Cobra, regardless of having Shelby's nameplate upon it..

Eh. My GT350 and the last 8-9 years of GT500s are not named Cobra anywhere (in fact I hate when people refer to it as a cobra because they haven't been around since 04) but our cars all have snakes on them. I'm not for sticking them on a gt, v6 etc but even Shelby America places the snake on the Shelby gt nowadays.

Also (wasn't around and not very knowledgable on this one) didn't the Torino have a cobra emblem on it at one point in time?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Eh. My GT350 and the last 8-9 years of GT500s are not named Cobra anywhere (in fact I hate when people refer to it as a cobra because they haven't been around since 04) but our cars all have snakes on them. I'm not for sticking them on a gt, v6 etc but even Shelby America places the snake on the Shelby gt nowadays.

Also (wasn't around and not very knowledgable on this one) didn't the Torino have a cobra emblem on it at one point in time?

Beat me to it! Took the words right out of my mouth.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

And I also hate it when people don't read the words in which were posted..

Therefore where did I mention anything in my post about the Shelby GT or any Shelby for that matter since 2007 having the name COBRA placed anywhere on the car ?

I clearly stated in my post about the Cobra badges/emblems that the OP placed on his Shelby GT which never included any SVT or COBRA badges from the factory whatsoever and also clearly stated that unless the badges/emblems in question were installed from the factory, that IMHO the car is NOT an authentic Shelby Cobra/GT500 for which the COBRA emblem/badges clearly represent, despite the fact the Shelby GT has the Shelby nameplate placed upon it's rear decklid..

With that being said ! I am well aware of the fact the last SVT that had the actual letters COBRA upon it was the last SN-95 (2004) model..

And to answer your question, Yes the Torino Cobra Jet did indeed have Cobra badges on them, however they were not considered as Shelby Torino Cobras..

Ford purchased the rights for the Cobra moniker from Carroll Shelby shortly after he left Ford in 1968-69..

And btw: congrats on your 16 Shelby GT350.. She's absolutely stunning :waytogo:

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I don't like misrepresented cars. If the car came with the badges, then fine, If not, adding them to car that did not come with them is one of the things I have seen people on this forum get ripped apart for. So it is OK for some, but not others. K.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
To me upbadging is exactly that, upbadging.
Putting a Cobra emblem on a Shelby GT, regardless if it's accompanied by home-made "wings" or not, is upbadging.
Might as well put them on a V6
While you're at it, put some Boss 281 decals on the fucking car, cuz it's much a Cobra as it is a Boss

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back