Tuned/auto 1-2 shift, spin, then bog?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
What's up fellas, could use some ideas. I have a 2011 GT, auto, stock except for a tune. Lately the 1-2 shifts have been really acting up under harder throttle. Like if I get on it and it spins on the 1-2 shift, it will imedieatly bog for a second, then go again? Of course traction and stability control are off. Did the #47 fuse pull, got an updated tune from my tuner and he had me reset the KAM, which I did. Still having the issue...it's getting really fustrating. Any input?

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Tons of parameters in the tune for auto transmissions. Justin Starkey has been tweaking his for quite some time now, Rebecca just dipped into the 8's last week with a 1.24 second 60'. I know nothing about auto transmissions or tuning but it sure sounds like a tune issue to me.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Datalog it. If it spins enough, it will upshift into third and then back into second.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Need datalog, logging TQ source to see if there is a nanny taking control.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Datalog it. If it spins enough, it will upshift into third and then back into second.

It's not spining that much to do that. Odd that it did this once in a blue moon, now it does it a lot...

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Need datalog, logging TQ source to see if there is a nanny taking control.

Guessing my tuner will ask for this after he sees my email. Will do a few logs after work tomorrow.

Odd that this wasn't really an issue before, now it is. Things like this make me feel like this will be my first and last auto.

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Guessing my tuner will ask for this after he sees my email. Will do a few logs after work tomorrow.

Odd that this wasn't really an issue before, now it is. Things like this make me feel like this will be my first and last auto.

You could have a busted ass mt-82...

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Bumping this thread.

I have a datalog, if someone can look at it I can email it?

Odd thing is that with this particular tune, in only really does this with mildly aggressive throttle input. Wide open throttle spins even more, with no loss in forward momentum, go figure?

But with a revision, that has since been removed, that had softer shifts the issue got pushed up to wide open throttle shifts because anything less didn't have enough line pressure to break the tires loose.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Looked at the log. Time to find another tuner. ;)

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I have the stock tune back in the car now. Drove around last night about 25 miles, all seems good. But I am going to log the car on the stock tune driving around normally, then with some near WOT and fully WOT shifts to eliminate anything non tune related. I will ask my tuner and a few members to look at them to make sure they are good, then go from there I guess.

One thing I don't miss - the stock tune, man it sure is slow, lazy and boring. Can't wait to get my tune sorted and back in...

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Most of us here are using the same tuner I think. Another problem has arose with this tuner. My car will not currently pass emissions and I'm not the only one. I was told it would and with my registration about to run out am in a pickle since I cannot renew it without first passiing emmisions.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Most of us here are using the same tuner I think. Another problem has arose with this tuner. My car will not currently pass emissions and I'm not the only one. I was told it would and with my registration about to run out am in a pickle since I cannot renew it without first passiing emmisions.

What monitors are not completing?

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I'm only allowed 1 incomplete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-25-12-59-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-12-59-08.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 8

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
From that screenshot it looks like the rear o2s are turned off in the tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back