What have you done to your mustang today?

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everytime I look at it, I think how time consuming its going to be! lol. I keep getting tripped up with "while your in there" thoughts. OPG & gears, water pump, balancer, oh and why not do the cams:confused: the list just keeps going.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Everytime I look at it, I think how time consuming its going to be! lol. I keep getting tripped up with "while your in there" thoughts. OPG & gears, water pump, balancer, oh and why not do the cams:confused: the list just keeps going.

Don't forget about oil pump too. It's right there.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it. Took it out for a nice cruise with the wife. Had dinner and cruised back.
Nice way to end the day.

28041720727_0c97e2fab0_o.jpg

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the water pump to do the timing? I didn't know that.

I took my front timing cover off when I did my cams a couple years ago (around 80K-ish). Replaced the tensioners, guides all looked good. Has new phasers and solenoids due to me chasing a problem with the cams that ended up being an incorrectly drilled oil passage in one of the cams. Everything looked pretty good in there though.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I took my front timing cover off when I did my cams a couple years ago (around 80K-ish). Replaced the tensioners, guides all looked good. Has new phasers and solenoids due to me chasing a problem with the cams that ended up being an incorrectly drilled oil passage in one of the cams. Everything looked pretty good in there though.
No you don't have to but sense the front cover is off. I am boosted and thinking of better cooling while its all apart. I believe it's Edelbrock, there water pump has a 7 blade versus the 4 or 5 blade that's on a stock gt. The blade is shaped differently to and pushes water faster. Thats what I have read here and seen on youtube videos. I drive on the street and no strip or track so is it worth IDK. I experienced heat soap for the first time ever this past weekend with it being 90s and 90% humidity. I know it will need other mods well, bigger radiator, upgrade, fan. So theres the snow ball effect again. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score

No but it is easier to get to the cover bolts. I have a Meziere pump.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about the amount of blades (fins). Here is the stock (left) and Edelbrock (right).
84e4bfe0690d35ec96194e14585e73ef.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
For maximum cooling I would suggest the Meziere HD pump.

Provides max flow all the time. I live in the desert and have never had my needle reach the middle of my gauge. Bumper to bumper, A/C on and 118* and never has she even hinted at reaching temps that she used to stock.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Had a shop change my clutch. Stocker had a lot of meat on it, but the adhesive deteriorated and allowed the clutch material to pull apart from the ring.

I had the shop install an Exedy Hyper Single clutch, flywheel and another slave cylinder and braided clutch line.

The clutch now feels like a cable actuated one and quite a bit different than stock.

Gotta break it in and then hit the track again.
1547a6fda5504d921e933078016a23e7.jpg
a420e96fe6d5d5eb9e780cd31fc4a67f.jpg
c4a873e492c70f4603c986fa3c051103.jpg
0b30200975641eb442a23d5f24e0c409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Was changing my oil when I saw that my UPR motor mounts had come apart and the bottom disc and poly bushing fell inside the K-members nooks and crannies on both sides!!!!

Spent 3 hours fishing it out which required complete installation of the mounts. Didn't want to put them back in after but had no choice.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to doing this. Threw the MBRP's on the car and drove it for a couple days.

First off, Jesus those fuckers are loud. Not as bad inside the car as the chambered mufflers, still a little more than I would like. Outside they're just ridiculous. Definitely some rasp to them, but it has this raw sound to it that's a little addictive. Honestly found myself goosing it every chance I could get, I think keeping those on would get me in trouble.

So, the FRPP's are likely going back on and will stay on. They're the only ones I've tried so far that are agreeable inside the car below 2000 RPM (and I only paid $150 for them which really sweetens the deal). They don't sound as good at idle but I can't hear it inside the car anyway so what can you do.
Yeah they are sort of a sleeper muffler. I love the sound. Very raw, deep, and throaty. I like that they aren't too loud inside the car. Cold starts it is stupid loud but not like my stingers were. My only negative is they so have a little rasp at certain throttle and rpm. I do the same. I can hear them echo off of the buildings and cars. But I can keep it quiet enough when just cruising around or if I come in late or leave early. Neighbors don't get mad and like it.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine was really raspy. I ended up putting the FRPP/Borlas back on over the weekend. So much quieter inside the car. It's weird because compared to the MBRP's they sound tame, until I'm driving along some buildings or a guardrail and I go oh, no it's not quiet at all.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ordered my SOS triple gauge pillar finally. Now to nail down what exact gauges I want that hopefully match! So far all three are different make and that shit can't happen!

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you. The elite were the first ones that I liked except, not available in mechanical. There set up is great for color and accuracy. Also looked at the sport comp as well. Rocketcarx said he uses them also mentioned that the sensor is the same as AEM. However Lito doesn't like autometer A/F gauges and said he prefer I not use them. Liked aeroforce setup but possibly more info then I am after at the moment. Innovative & AEM both have some great options but what one has the other doesn't. A/F, boost, oil pressure for now but really would like to see I/C temps. Felt heat soak pretty bad two weeks ago when it was nasty hot/humid here.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my SOS pod has 3 different branded gauges, Auto Meter, Ford Racing and Innovate :D

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back