What have you done to your mustang today?

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by *JZ*, Mar 18, 2011.

1. 07 Boss

07 Boss forum member

2. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

Lol, this may happen soon so I can get a better tune.

@07 Boss that looks good. I wish the center to vents could go away with a blank factory finish look. This way three possibly 4 gauges could be drilled it a staggered pattern. How do feel and the boost/vac electric controled vs. Mechanical? Everybody I talk to says mechanical is the best way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  3. 07 Boss

07 Boss forum member

I don't really think one is much better than the other. I mean an electrical gauge still uses mechanical means to read the vacuum and then it gets translated to an electrical signal which has to be reinterpreted to be displayed on the gauge. So I guess there can be some inaccuracies or deviations when going from electrical signal to be displayed. Stepper motors might not be completely accurate translating the electrical signal. But a mechanical gauge can be not calibrated properly. I went electrical just for ease of installation and not having to run fluids and tubes into the car instead of a few wires.

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  4. EBABlacknChrome

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Sky Render

Sky Render Stig's Retarded Cousin

The ELITE series are full electrical. The stepper motors also self-calibrate every time power is applied. Read that article I linked to. I wrote that a few years ago and actually had discussions with Auto Meter's engineers on how the gauges work. I'm an electrical/computer engineer for my day job, and I was pretty damn impressed. That's why they're still on my car.

There is almost zero reason to use a mechanical gauge in the 21st century unless you're on a shoestring budget.

6. EBABlacknChrome

Thanks @Sky Render (Vince) was a good detailed read. I did click on it earlier, thought it went to autometers site. So I am convinced now as to what I will buy. The Elite series features sold me for now! I may use a AEM A/F gauge for now. Reasonably priced is a good start in my book, however quality isn't cheap!

Sky Render likes this.
  7. travelers

travelers Senior Member

Had to pull the drag radials off and put the 285s back on to see if the vib went away. It did so I'll have to have them re balanced.

8. skwerl

skwerl tree hugger

I drove mine from Orlando to Birmingham on Wednesday, then back home to Orlando on Thursday. Averaged well over 20mpg running between 80-90 the whole way. Almost 600 miles each way.

dark steed likes this.
  9. travelers

travelers Senior Member

I bet that shortened up the travel time!!!!!!

10. Strengthrehab

Strengthrehab forum member

Got these from Pedders today. I also got front/rear bars. Hope to have them installed this weekend. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

11. o2sys

o2sys forum member

Nice! Been thinking about them after my current coilovers blow out. KW suspension pretty much told me I was better off buying another set rather than rebuild them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12. skaarlaj

skaarlaj Probie Former Pink Bus Rider

Pulled blower kit and motor while waiting for CPR kit. Took the short-block to the local machinist for some forged rods / pistons, going with stock compression .005 over-bore just to get them round. Sending converter off to be resized sometime this week.

13. richman

richman WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

o2sys likes this.
  14. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

Changed plugs. Went from Autolite HT1's to Motorcraft SP546. And got all 8 out in one piece.

15. Benwhite911

Benwhite911 V6'ing & Dealing With It

On Saturday, I started the process of replacing my convertible top. I got it off of Rockauto.com for $419.00 with shipping. I've been told that this is one of the more difficult jobs to do. To that, I say, I've got it covered.

Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

[​IMG]

16. travelers

travelers Senior Member

Nothing but everything.........Lol

17. ghunt81

ghunt81 New parts on old junk!

7?

18. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

Traded it in. I'm no longer in the S197 family.

19. Sky Render

Sky Render Stig's Retarded Cousin

Plugged the Battery Tender in. Until I move in August, I'm commuting 150 miles round trip every day, and I'm not putting all those miles on the Mustang. :(

20. Strengthrehab

Strengthrehab forum member

Installed my coilovers and sway bars. Had to cut my strut towers to use the supplied camber plates.

Chasing a clunk. I hope it is just my end link being loose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk