What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took my car out yesterday on a nice day trip with the wife. Went up to Littleton NH, about 2 hours each way.
Ended up putting more than 300 miles on it, and we had a great time doing it :)

44154122011_9e8448708d_o.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Spotted yesterday while up on our day trip ... a GT350R just cruising through, occasionally revving its engine, making some beautiful music :)

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
My headlights are oxidizing pretty badly so I spent about 1/2 hr trying the Mother's Aluminum polish trick. Got rid of the yellow tinge but not the results Youtube showed me. The 1 I worked on is clearer but it's still fucked up. May try the other 1 this evening.

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
My headlights are oxidizing pretty badly so I spent about 1/2 hr trying the Mother's Aluminum polish trick. Got rid of the yellow tinge but not the results Youtube showed me. The 1 I worked on is clearer but it's still fucked up. May try the other 1 this evening.
If there bad I start with 1500 grit wet then finish with 3000 grit wet then buff with soft compound then buff with polish, when sanding you can see the yellow come right off. Be carful of your edges as not to burn through the paint, use some masking tape and just go easy with your buffer.

travelers

Reaction score
Yesterday I started changing out the stock HE. Pulled the bumper cover drained and removed old HE. Tried getting the 13/14 HE up in place, no good. Loosened rad and ac condenser, still no good. The new HE has some flanges with rubber flaps to help direct air between HE and ac condenser interfering. So I had to remove them.

Today wiggled the HE in and got it bolted up. Next pluming as per Jason's instructions, worked good. The wiring on the adapter harness didn't match up with the old pump. So rerouted the wiring and had to extend it to hook up with the new pump. Used my Air Fill vacuum setup to full the system, that works good.

Now for the hard part, trimming the front bumper. Mine has the GT/CS lower valance, so started out trimming slowly and trying and trimming and trying and trimming and trying so many times that I don't even want to know.

I think I have it trimmed where it needs to be and tomorrow I'll epoxies some inner supports together for stability and see how it fits. Being pickier then most, takes time. So it's not a couple hour job. My ass is dragging so i'll take a couple pics tomorrow and post them.

Banyosshep

Reaction score
Did this job a few months ago. Factory v6 before, did a full suspension swap, k-memeber, axle, new everything. Sway bars coming soon.

20180526_182900.jpg

20180526_102016.jpg

20180526_102034.jpg

20180526_102049.jpg

20180527_193827.jpg

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About a week ago, got it tuned. Made 430-something on the DynoJet, but it feels way better on the street. No more bogging after shifts. It's running leaner and just feels good. That's on a 10 psi pulley - seems like a low number, but it's safe I think.

A day after I got it back I noticed someone hit my rear bumper and cracked the plastic around the licence plate housing. Nothing major, but it still pisses me off. I dunno if it happened at the shop or afterwards when I was at the mall. I should've done a walk-around before I picked it up. Shop denies anything happened, obviously, and I can't really tell them otherwise. Were this 10 years ago, I'd be really pissed, but it's a daily and shit happens and there are a lot of other imperfections with it. I'm just glad it's running well. One of these days I'll fix all the cosmetic stuff.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Went ahead and had the stock 3:55 ring and pinion gears reinstalled, as I didn't feel the need for 4:10 gear ratio with 5 spd manual and Saleen VI blower. Most of my driving is on the highway at cruising speeds anyhow and felt that gaining top end at 2000-2500 RPM was more important than gaining low end off the line quicker. At any rate, I'll be listing the 4:10 ring and pinion gears up for sale.

Ohh yes when are you posting those gears. Been eyeing 4.10s for awhile

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
About a week ago, got it tuned. Made 430-something on the DynoJet, but it feels way better on the street. No more bogging after shifts. It's running leaner and just feels good. That's on a 10 psi pulley - seems like a low number, but it's safe I think.

A day after I got it back I noticed someone hit my rear bumper and cracked the plastic around the licence plate housing. Nothing major, but it still pisses me off. I dunno if it happened at the shop or afterwards when I was at the mall. I should've done a walk-around before I picked it up. Shop denies anything happened, obviously, and I can't really tell them otherwise. Were this 10 years ago, I'd be really pissed, but it's a daily and shit happens and there are a lot of other imperfections with it. I'm just glad it's running well. One of these days I'll fix all the cosmetic stuff.

Yea, cosmetics just keep getting worse and worse on mine. I washed it Saturday and I kept telling myself "I will get it re-painted, I will get it re-painted. Don't sweat it." Lol

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, cosmetics just keep getting worse and worse on mine. I washed it Saturday and I kept telling myself "I will get it re-painted, I will get it re-painted. Don't sweat it." Lol
The vinyl door inserts are finally falling off my doors after 13 years of ownership. Keeping it garaged 90% of the time definitely prolonged the life of those stupid things. I glued the driver side back on and hopefully it sticks. I made the mistake of taking the whole thing off and trying to glue it. For the passenger one, I'm just going to peel it back as far as the armrest and apply the glue - it should be way easier to line up when sticking it back on.

I'm torn about getting it repainted. It's a black car and I hate the upkeep on black, but I feel like I should keep it the original color. But, at the same time, I feel that if I'm going to the trouble to repaint it, I'd want to get something original and unique.

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
The vinyl door inserts are finally falling off my doors after 13 years of ownership. Keeping it garaged 90% of the time definitely prolonged the life of those stupid things. I glued the driver side back on and hopefully it sticks. I made the mistake of taking the whole thing off and trying to glue it. For the passenger one, I'm just going to peel it back as far as the armrest and apply the glue - it should be way easier to line up when sticking it back on.

I'm torn about getting it repainted. It's a black car and I hate the upkeep on black, but I feel like I should keep it the original color. But, at the same time, I feel that if I'm going to the trouble to repaint it, I'd want to get something original and unique.

Yea, i feel you on the doors peeling. Mine have gave up the ghost. I've got some 2014 panels to put in, but need a few more individual pieces to finish it off.

As for paint, thankfully I like the torch red so I will stick with it. I'm usually the one wanting to change colors which then means I will get it all repainted. Engine bay, door jams, inside trunk, under body. I'm done with that, original paint for me pls.

As for the what have I done to my mustang today? Last night at about 10 pm after a 2 shift day at work I pulled up my e-brake a bit hard and POW. It no longer works. Guess I gotta get it on a lift now to see where the cable is broken... What a way to end a bad and long day..

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I'm usually not a green person. I've come to love the highland green on this car. It will stay that way if I ever have to repaint which is a relief because different color door jams, engine bay etc. would drive me insane.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
engine.JPG Got bored and had some burnt copper paint in the garage. Also, pulled the hood blanket off and re-dyed that as well (picture was before I did that). Going to pull off the TB and paint it as well this up coming weekend.
I also have some Brembos, a 2018 manifold, Kooks Axle back, Roush side splitters, smoked headlights, Elenore Grille and GT500 rear diffuser going on in the next couple of week....But had to settle for some engine paint for time being.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back