What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got all the parts together for the clutch swap for the wife's Shelby.
A couple days ago I put her car up on jack stands for the winter, and swapped out the Alcoas,
putting the stock wheels back on since she prefers to start the season on them, until the potholes are somewhat fixed.
Lifting her car once again reminded me that I would love it if her car also had the Steeda jacking rails that I got for my car.
They make lifting the car so much freakin easier.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Any reason you didn't go with HP? I thought that was the software to have for these cars.

I've been using SCT since 2006 so I'm not a hater. Just curious.

Price mainly, already owned the X4 tuner. Also, I've been dabling with my tune with the dealer software at my buddy's shop, so I was already familiar with the layout.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Price mainly, already owned the X4 tuner. Also, I've been dabling with my tune with the dealer software at my buddy's shop, so I was already familiar with the layout.
That was one of the reasons I went with SCT originally. I recently switched to Megasquirt and it's been a good change.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Got all the parts together for the clutch swap for the wife's Shelby.
A couple days ago I put her car up on jack stands for the winter, and swapped out the Alcoas,
putting the stock wheels back on since she prefers to start the season on them, until the potholes are somewhat fixed.
Lifting her car once again reminded me that I would love it if her car also had the Steeda jacking rails that I got for my car.
They make lifting the car so much freakin easier.
I still haven't put mine on...
Update on the attempted windshield repair. It worked in some places. Definitely better than it was. Think I'll wait for another good chip before I replace it. Of course, as soon as I do, I'll get another chip...

JimC

Reaction score
I still haven't put mine on...
Update on the attempted windshield repair. It worked in some places. Definitely better than it was. Think I'll wait for another good chip before I replace it. Of course, as soon as I do, I'll get another chip...
I had to replace the windshield on my SHO - got hit with a stone on the edge and it cracked all the way across within an hour. Got the new windshield installed and left to go to a client meeting. Had the new windshield on the car for 45 minutes when I got hit on the highway with another big stone and put a big chip in the new glass!

Jgt58

Reaction score
I had to replace the windshield on my SHO - got hit with a stone on the edge and it cracked all the way across within an hour. Got the new windshield installed and left to go to a client meeting. Had the new windshield on the car for 45 minutes when I got hit on the highway with another big stone and put a big chip in the new glass!
Drool.... Sho....

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Installed new Ford DR3Z-5A638-A rear UCA diff bushing, RTV'd both diff bearing preload bolts in my FR 8.8" girdle to stop small oil leaks. Weather was good when I started the job but got COLD near the end...…………...

Gonna be stiff & sore in the AM...…………………….

Jgt58

Reaction score
Installed new Ford DR3Z-5A638-A rear UCA diff bushing, RTV'd both diff bearing preload bolts in my FR 8.8" girdle to stop small oil leaks. Weather was good when I started the job but got COLD near the end...…………...

Love to see pics of it installed.

Anti

forum member
Reaction score

Yea, I am with you on the stiffness and soreness. Working on the drive way for a 5 hour day and 12 hour day installing all my suspension parts reminded me how I don't do much hard labor anymore these days.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Love to see pics of it installed.

Next time I'm under the car I'll take a couple of pictures of it installed...…. Was too preoccupied to take pictures during this job as I was trying to get it done so both hands were needed, was dark outside when I got all done & I was a hurting, stiff & cold unit afterwards so pictures was way down on my list at the time.
Matter of fact I'm hurting more today than I was yesterday (my body just can't recover from the contorted stresses like it used to....too many years of wear & tear but I LOVE it) so hopefully I'll feel a little better tomorrow as it's supposed to get into the high 40*'s up here in the US 4 Corners area so I can wash the car as the next day it's supposed to drop back down into the high 20*'s for high's over the rest of the week.

If desired you can look in this thread:
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/rear-end-housing-bushing-removal-question.136915/page-2
On page 2 post #40 I posted some pictures of this Ford DR3Z-5A638-A UCA diff bushing for 13-14 GT500 for others to see before I installed it in the rear end on my 09 GT GlassTop.............

Jgt58

Reaction score
Well I thought about putting my California special wing on.....

It was too cold

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well I thought about putting my California special wing on.....

It was too cold

What body style? I disliked the wing on my 2014 GT/CS because it blocked 70% of my view out the rear view mirror. When I first bought the car I planned on taking the wing and side scoops off. Even went as far as pricing out the work at a local body shop (didn't want to screw it up myself) but ended up just setting my seat higher and living with the blocked view.

Jgt58

Reaction score
What body style? I disliked the wing on my 2014 GT/CS because it blocked 70% of my view out the rear view mirror. When I first bought the car I planned on taking the wing and side scoops off. Even went as far as pricing out the work at a local body shop (didn't want to screw it up myself) but ended up just setting my seat higher and living with the blocked view.
Yea I'm a wing kinda guy. I hate the 14 ducktail wing. You want to take the same things off I want to add lol.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got laid off Jan 9th so I started working on my clutch job last week. Didn't make a ton of progress, pulled off the exhaust, dropped the driveshaft. I bought a transmission adapter for my floor jack but it's way too tall so I have to modify it to get it low enough that I can actually drop the transmission out of the way.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Continuing the slow progress on my clutch job (wife has also tasked me with doing some things around the house like painting).

2 days ago I finished my modified transmission jack cradle and it looks like it will work perfect. Today I dropped the transmission crossmember and got stuff unplugged from the transmission, then tried to get the starter out- I forgot how much I hate the damn starter bolts on this thing. Plus they are tight as hell and I'm having difficulty even breaking loose the top two bolts. Fun, fun.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got home and for some reason I had the urge to start it up and take it for a romp around the neighborhood.

So I did :)

20200131.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back