What have you done to your mustang today?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Oil&filter, quick visual inspection while there.
Took a spin to datalog my race tune. Pretty much spot on. :)

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I attempted to install my Ford Performance rear sway bar end links today. Glad I test fit the bushings before I tore everything apart. My rear sway bar is actually 20mm instead of 22mm. So, who sells a 22mm rear sway bar, just the sway bar, no hardware? Or does someone sell 20mm bushings for this Ford kit?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I would like to see those gears also! We’re they chewed up by cavitation or did something go through them?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Put the wife's Shelby up on jack stands (no, not Harbor Freight ones, lol) and started checking out the bushings, mounts, everything at the back of the car.
We've been feeling/hearing some knocking/clanging at the back of the car, sometimes over bumps, sometimes when shifting.
Found some cracks/tears in the upper diff bushing and a bunch of cracks and worn bushings in the stabilizer links and stabilizer bar bushings.
Ordered parts. New Prothane bushing for the upper diff mount, new Energy Suspension bushings for the stabilizer bar and links.
Also spaced out the main BMR Watts Link brace away from the spare tire well a bit, as it seemed to be touching. And even though the main brace is firmly bolted to the body and doesn't move, it was too close for comfort and I thought that maybe between the worn bushings and the brace touching the body, maybe it would occasionally bang against it. Meh, I thought I'd eliminate a possible source for a noise.

Some pics and a video of the carnage:

20200621_diff_bushing1.jpg

20200621_diff_bushing3.jpg

20200621_rear_stab_link_bshng_1.jpg

20200621_rear_stab_link_bshng_2.jpg

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I attempted to install my Ford Performance rear sway bar end links today. Glad I test fit the bushings before I tore everything apart. My rear sway bar is actually 20mm instead of 22mm. So, who sells a 22mm rear sway bar, just the sway bar, no hardware? Or does someone sell 20mm bushings for this Ford kit?

yeah you can probably find just the bars but you need the end links for the larger bar. If you wanna stick with the 20mm just order up the bushing kit.
Or I’ll sell ya my 20k mile take off rear 20mm bar with bushing lol

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
Put the wife's Shelby up on jack stands (no, not Harbor Freight ones, lol) and started checking out the bushings, mounts, everything at the back of the car.
We've been feeling/hearing some knocking/clanging at the back of the car, sometimes over bumps, sometimes when shifting.
Found some cracks/tears in the upper diff bushing and a bunch of cracks and worn bushings in the stabilizer links and stabilizer bar bushings.
Ordered parts. New Prothane bushing for the upper diff mount, new Energy Suspension bushings for the stabilizer bar and links.
Also spaced out the main BMR Watts Link brace away from the spare tire well a bit, as it seemed to be touching. And even though the main brace is firmly bolted to the body and doesn't move, it was too close for comfort and I thought that maybe between the worn bushings and the brace touching the body, maybe it would occasionally bang against it. Meh, I thought I'd eliminate a possible source for a noise.

View attachment 73453

View attachment 73454

View attachment 73455

View attachment 73456

I need to put mine up on jacks too. I started hearing a squeak when I start out in reverse or in 1st, right at the moment the rear suspension loads up..

07 Boss

Reaction score
Finally got the rear brakes installed! Frign things were basically "cut to fit, paint to match". Only took 15 hours on the lift. Well, that did include a complete brake fluid flush, checking/tightening all the exhaust clamps, new DSS install, and exploring every nut and bolt on the rear suspension in search of the elusive rattle. It was really nice using a lift. This shop rents a space with lift and tools for $25/hr.

That's awesome. Our local DIY garage just recently closed. Actually thinking about opening one up.

MrBhp

Reaction score
That's awesome. Our local DIY garage just recently closed. Actually thinking about opening one up.
I think it's a great business plan, with the exception of the liability of having idiots using a lift. Just a weeks worth of rental would pay for a lift. He has an account with Napa, if you need anything he will order it for you and pick it up if they can't deliver it right away. He gets a discount of course, and pockets the difference. Has fluid disposal for a small fee. Tool box with most hand tools you need he rents for another 5/hr. I was short a few tools in the box that I travel with and he loaned me those free of charge. I ended owing him $375 for two long days on the lift. That job would have taken me several more days if I had been working on the ground. Oh, and he drives a S197. I needed a socket that he didn't have and Napa didn't have. He loaned me his car to drive to the local Carquest. Odd driving a stock GT. Glad mines not. Lol

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

View attachment 73453

View attachment 73454

View attachment 73455

View attachment 73456
Very informative video Gabe! Needless to say, I've also been noticing the very same knocking and clanging noises from the rear, especially when going over bumps and uneven road surfaces, but not so much at all when just shifting. Anyhow, it appears I'll be having the stabilizer end link bushings, stabilizer bar bushings and upper diff bushings all checked for cracks/worn out. Also, while I'm at it, might just as well have the rear upper/lower control arm bushings checked along with the front sway link bushings/front sway bar bushings as well. Meanwhile, thanks for sharing
thumb.gif

07 Boss

Reaction score
I think it's a great business plan, with the exception of the liability of having idiots using a lift. Just a weeks worth of rental would pay for a lift. He has an account with Napa, if you need anything he will order it for you and pick it up if they can't deliver it right away. He gets a discount of course, and pockets the difference. Has fluid disposal for a small fee. Tool box with most hand tools you need he rents for another 5/hr. I was short a few tools in the box that I travel with and he loaned me those free of charge. I ended owing him $375 for two long days on the lift. That job would have taken me several more days if I had been working on the ground. Oh, and he drives a S197. I needed a socket that he didn't have and Napa didn't have. He loaned me his car to drive to the local Carquest. Odd driving a stock GT. Glad mines not. Lol

Yeah, I’ve already put a rough business plan together just to see what I could make work and it’s very doable. I can get around liability by having every customer join a club. My lawyer buddy said as a member it releases me from a lot of responsibility. Obviously if something is my fault it’s mine. But if you drop a muffler on your foot it’s on you. At least that’s the way he explained it. Anyways I could run at 30% capacity to make a margin with 6 lifts.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve already put a rough business plan together just to see what I could make work and it’s very doable. I can get around liability by having every customer join a club. My lawyer buddy said as a member it releases me from a lot of responsibility. Obviously if something is my fault it’s mine. But if you drop a muffler on your foot it’s on you. At least that’s the way he explained it. Anyways I could run at 30% capacity to make a margin with 6 lifts.

I love the idea. Like a gym but for cars. I’d join

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
I put my 2014 gt500 rotors and bracket on today. Bout to go for a spin and break in the pads.

Before

20200627_095446.jpg

20200627_103922.jpg

Comparison

20200627_102158.jpg

After

20200627_103439.jpg

20200627_122739.jpg

20200627_122748.jpg

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just finish swapping my clutch discs from McLeod RST's to RXT discs.
I bought the RST used and I am now questioning how the previous owner broke it in. The RXT engages smoother than the RST did, my odd 2nd gear nibble is gone, and the floater plate no longer rattles like a tin can being dragged behind the car. 400 more miles or 1,000 more engagements until it is broken in!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back