What have you done to your mustang today?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Installed 1 of these:
https://lmr.com/item/JLT-AX05/JLT-Rear-Axle-Expansion-Tank-Mustang-05-14-AX05
During 1 of the dyno sessions we had made enough tuning hits\WOT runs to get the rear axle fluid heated up enough that some of it spit out of the axle vent so I have been intending on getting an expansion tank setup to alleviate this issue but LMR was always sold out (as was the case when I went on site to paste this link just now) but I caught them last week at low stock (had 2 left) so I got 1 ordered & it came in today so I installed it....

Since the fluid heated up enough to spit out on a dyno run I figured it could do the same thing on a long extended drive at speed so this is handled now.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Funny I also just picked up the Firestone’s as well, I paid about double the price in Canadian dollars though mine are also larger
285/35/19 front and 325/30/19 rear.
I’m excited to get them mounted on the new rims, I only have a week before my first track day of the year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJ427R

Reaction score
Funny I also just picked up the Firestone’s as well, I paid about double the price in Canadian dollars though mine are also larger
I’m excited to get them mounted on the new rims, I only have a week before my first track day of the year

Please let us know how you like em on track.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

What wheels are you using?
Model/size/width/offset?

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
I have Firestone Firehawks on the GT500 and Bridgestones on my ZRXs, I trust them completely and have nary a complaint about either.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Finally replaced my MMD chin spoiler that I destroyed last year.
That's nice!
I was torn between this MMD version vs the CDC Classic version as I couldn't visualize the difference at the time but since seeing this MMD version mounted on your Bullitt I've now realized that this MMD version is the 1 I shoulda got...……...

May have to ignore my front curb sensor warning a couple of times on purpose...………………….
;)

PS--This is what I got to help protect from breakage when parking...….
https://www.americanmuscle.com/curb-alert-sensor.html

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
My Bullitt had the CDC version on it when I bought it. I hated the way it looked and removed it immediately. The previous owner mounted it with wood screws. Yippee!!! Anyway, came across the MMD and fell in love with it. It looks almost factry. It is made of a more brittle material than the CDC though and snaps off with a good curb tap. I was parking at a little coffee shop that hand the angle parking spots in the front that end in the street and I pulled up a little too far to get outta traffic. It'll take a scrape though.

kerrynzl

forum member
Reaction score
I started making a dry-break adaptor so I don't need an expensive rig to refuel at the track [I've seen others jam a screwdriver into the drybreak to achieve this]
I did some drawings to get the pieces laser cut. And used 2 pieces of exhaust tubing.
upload_2020-6-6_19-9-50.png

upload_2020-6-6_19-10-33.png

upload_2020-6-6_19-11-21.png

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good Rocky.
Remember that new tires tend to give off "tread squirm" for the first 100-200 miles, as the factory oils/coatings wear off.
But definitely looking forward to your thoughts on these tires after you've put some miles on them.
And also looking forward to seeing the car with the new rubber on it :)
Gabe! Just took some images of the Firehawk Indy 500 tires on the car. Was just hoping the pics turned out better, but couldn't block the sun out of the way no matter which direction I took them from lol.
000_1015.JPG 000_1016.JPG 000_1017.JPG 000_1018.JPG 000_1019.JPG 000_1020.JPG

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fixed the Shelby after 50 weeks of it being down. My fault on the time. Turned out it was the TB motor again and the housing of the motor is finicky on how torqued down it is to the TB assembly.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got around to getting the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires installed yesterday. After test driving them, I could definitely tell how well they stick to the road like glue. They take corners really well, absorb uneven road surfaces and aren't very noisy at all. I'm also running them in 275/40/18" as a square setup and the front tires clear both the inner wheel well and front suspension without requiring wheel spacers. IMHO for $147.99 per tire, they seem like a good high quality made tire that performs very well and yet for half the price of their competitors. At any rate, I would definitely recommend the Firestone's to anyone looking for an ultra high-performance summer tire that is on a budget.
View attachment 73141 View attachment 73142 View attachment 73144
Great tires. Loved mine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
With 120k miles on the diff fluid, decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and installed a Scott Drake diff cover today. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
67db8a40fd6bd2081c64419982a26099.jpg

Do you really have to wait 24 hrs for the gasket maker to cure before adding fluid? Somehow I skipped over that part in the instructions.
Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
With 120k miles on the diff fluid, decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and installed a Scott Drake diff cover today. Pretty happy with how it turned out.
67db8a40fd6bd2081c64419982a26099.jpg

Do you really have to wait 24 hrs for the gasket maker to cure before adding fluid? Somehow I skipped over that part in the instructions.
Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

I've been told to wait at least a couple hours.
Toyota has a black RTV that you can add fluid almost immediately

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I've been told to wait at least a couple hours.
Toyota has a black RTV that you can add fluid almost immediately
I agree with @Gabe, you would be good now, but definitely ok in the morning.
I've waited this long so might as well do it the recommended way. Gonna take wifey's car to work tomorrow since she's still workin from home. Thanks guys.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back