What have you done to your mustang today?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
We've been getting a light but steady rain for the past 3 or 4 hours . . . and the verdict at this point is "so far, so good, not a drop of water". I also did a little sealing at the A-pillar ends of the cowl vent screens where the rubber seal had lifted away from being flat against the glass.

Norm

Vandal

Reaction score
Pulled it into the garage to fix a coolant leak. It looks like the plastic housing has finally let go. Ordered an aluminum replacement housing from Simmons and all new hoses.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered and now waiting on some front control arms, ball joint on the passenger side is shot. Ordered some cheapies with greaseable joints in them so we’ll see how they do!

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Replaced the fuel line that runs from the fuel pump hat to the fuel filter. I had damaged the connector at the pump hat and did not trust it would stay put. The stupid thing is I had to purchase an assembly to get the one line I needed. Didn’t pay any attention to cost when ordering from the dealer so I got a $300.00 fuel line with extra stuff. Can’t bitch, I did it to myself.
I could have replaced the entire fuel line with 1/2” and high flow fittings for that.

E02586D9-EF33-448C-A8B3-E402E20A2E29.jpeg

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Inspecting and making adjustments to the rear suspension. Removed the upper control arm and mount. I have been using the lower hole in the mount and will try the upper hole to see if there is a difference in performance. Once apart I discovered the urethane bushing is broken. If memory serves this unit is BMR so I can simply replace the bushed end. Also installed a Steeda spherical bushing in the diff. while it is easy to reach. I see marks on the diff. bearing mount where the control arm has been making contact. That can’t be good. I hope the spherical bushing stops that.

58D1E3DC-7DD7-4387-AEC6-95F6E59A85FD.jpeg

DE80FB45-5A0E-47B4-BD49-85F16ACB946D.jpeg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Contact mark on the diff.

View attachment 75756
If I'm reading that picture correctly - the line on the UCA's axle-side pedestal, you had three geometry-related things all conspiring to allow it to happen.
Lowering
Use of the lower hole on the chassis-side bracket
The poly bushing deterioration

Lowering and the lower hole probably wasn't enough without the bushing issue, which was probably allowing enough extra axle wind-up.

Were you getting any wheel hop?

And on edit, polyurethane bushings, especially rear control arm bushings, need to be considered "wear items", particularly under conditions of harsh performance use.

Norm

Laga

Reaction score
Not today, but Tuesday. Had to take my dad to doctor, I took the Mustang because the wife had my truck . As we walked into the office, the very first snowflake started to fall. 45 minutes later, this is what the roads looked like.
snow.jpeg

500 RWHP with Nitto NT555 G2 tires made the 5 mile drive home quite the experience, even for someone who loves to drift in the snow. Heck, I love to drift on dry pavement when I get the chance. The 255/55r18 tires up front and 295/45r18 on the back made starting from a complete stop almost impossible. Any pitch in the road made the rear end go sideways immediately. I rolled through the stop signs and a couple of red lights just to avoid that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
three geometry-related things
I think you nailed it. I have another non-adjustable, same brand upper arm to salvage the poly bushing from. It’s back together now and using the upper mounting hole. Never thought I had wheel hop. Looking at video of my launches on slicks i can see the tires get hit. I have seen the tires rebound. I have seen the tires wrinkle and felt some shake, I think. Maybe that was the bushing failing. I have seen the rear suspension rise and unload but I have never seen it jackhammer. Video is such an awesome tool.

T400Mustang

Reaction score
I am new to posting and I can't seem to make or find a post to reference what I would like to. I am building a 2007 GT for drag racing. I am in the middle of a Coyote swap and am wondering if anyone can tell me their results with 30 inch drag tires, 6R80 trans, 6F circle D converter, 3:08 gear and a Pro-Charger? I am using a 2 step and a trans brake relay with a Terminator launch switch. Anyone? I am wondering how this is gonna launch and what to expect for 60 foot times and 1/8th....Bracket racing and needs to be consistent.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am new to posting and I can't seem to make or find a post to reference what I would like to. I am building a 2007 GT for drag racing. I am in the middle of a Coyote swap and am wondering if anyone can tell me their results with 30 inch drag tires, 6R80 trans, 6F circle D converter, 3:08 gear and a Pro-Charger? I am using a 2 step and a trans brake relay with a Terminator launch switch. Anyone? I am wondering how this is gonna launch and what to expect for 60 foot times and 1/8th....Bracket racing and needs to be consistent.
look for post by Kdanner, he is the only one i know of that ran a 30" tire

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Not me, but someone else stole my carbon fiber deck lid panel. Just peeled it off apparently. It was on there when I parked, came out and it was gone.[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nfrizell

Reaction score
Not me, but someone else stole my carbon fiber deck lid panel. Just peeled it off apparently. It was on there when I parked, came out and it was gone.[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Replace it with vinyl. Nobody peels vinyl unless they have too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rich

Reaction score
After a few weeks of researching I said fuck it and painted my convertible top black. Nothing was wrong with the top (which is why I hesitated messing with it), but I hated the tan color. It looks much better black.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Finished the rear end install and have the weight of the car supported by the axle. Added a couple hundred pounds in the trunk to load the suspension so I can set the pinion angle and adjust the pan hard bar tomorrow. I was running a Watts link and have no complaints but maybe I can save a little weight.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
I dug out my old CDC ducktail spoiler and spare decklid. The spoiler I had picked up used for basically pennies, it had a couple cracks and I had set it aside to maybe get it repaired but the other day figured that was unrealistic so I took it upon myself to repair it. I used a Dremel and cut a couple of access holes in the back of it, laid some epoxy on the back sides of the cracks, sanded and hit it with the rattle can.

It’s not super pretty but for how beat up my car is it’s more than serviceable, I just prefer the shape of the ducktail over the factory pedestal spoiler.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back