What have you done to your mustang today?

Enfield

Reaction score
Installed a prothane bushing kit in the upper control arm due to clunking from the rear axle. The job was tedious but never exceedingly difficult. It might have been easier if I had removed the convertible chassis braces, which were always in the way. There are several very good threads on here that cover the subject well; what worked for me was a distillation of them all.
A few tips: applying heat to the outside of the housing with a small propane torch helps get the old bushing material out. Harbor Freight had a wire wheel assortment with a pair of 1 1/2" wheels, but only one was needed to polish the inside of the old flange with a cheapo die grinder. Pulling the old and installing the new were both done using a length of all-thread and a 7" piece of oem exhaust pipe. It took a 1/2" impact to remove, but install needed only a 3/8" air wrench.IMG_1479[1].JPG

Gonzo

Reaction score
Replaced some trim. She was my daily driver while in New Mexico, Korea, and England. Time to start addressing trim and other items that have worn or faded since 2012. IMG_8097.jpegIMG_8094.jpeg

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Today I replaced the saggy old pair of CDC hood struts with a pair of new Redline Tuning versions. Installation was a breeze and it's nice to not have to use the factory hood prop anymore. :D

Redline Tuning Hood Struts.jpg

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Today I replaced the saggy old pair of CDC hood struts with a pair of new Redline Tuning versions. Installation was a breeze and it's nice to not have to use the factory hood prop anymore. :D

View attachment 76615

You had problems with the CDC struts? I’ve had mine about 10 years with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieUA

Reaction score
So I got this grille insert for Christmas and it’s been sitting at my buddy’s garage since because we couldn’t figure out a good way to mount it. Well yesterday I spent the whole evening trimming and painting the stock grille and finally threw it all together. It came out absolutely fantastic. Not only does the grille insert itself fit/look great but a fresh coat of black trim paint on the stock grille brought the whole front end back to life. Now I just need to decide if I wanna go for the BOSS 302 style tri bar pony badge or keep it badgeless
FC67F685-5D5C-452E-9AED-8B5977C174BF.jpeg C272EAD5-9EF6-4F57-8B6C-AA81BDB0284C.jpeg 3BD10165-B4A6-4AA8-AD51-02B1EE04C09F.jpeg F355EBEB-561A-4B0D-8F7A-CC9D17829BDA.jpeg

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Drove it for the first time in a month! We had a lot more snow than normal all through Feb and now it's finally warm enough and we've gotten enough rain to wash off the roads.

Also got some Magnetic style wheels from American Muscle, opened up the boxes this morning and found some paint defects. Some are specks trapped in the clear, and one is a small fisheye. The specks don't really bother me but the fisheye does. Going to try to get an exchange but I've heard bad things about their customer service. Weird thing is it's only on the 19x8.5's. The 19x10's look fine.

PXL_20210306_155924561.MP.jpg

PXL_20210306_154736067.MP.jpg
PXL_20210306_161145811.MP.jpg PXL_20210306_161128034.MP.jpg

Laga

Reaction score
New rear axle bearings and seals. New Wilwood brakes were supposed to be here by now. They ain’t. The blue and white mats in the photo are puppy training mats that I had left over. They are like disposable diapers you lay around the house when house breaking puppies. Super absorbent with a water proof lining. This is the second time I’ve used them working on the car and they make cleanup super easy. Especially when I replaced the solenoid block in the transmission. It’s almost impossible to do tranny work without making a mess.

513F9162-CC2A-4BB9-B3BC-7BDFCF5FE5E5.jpeg

Bullitt2954

Reaction score
New rear axle bearings and seals. New Wilwood brakes were supposed to be here by now. They ain’t. The blue and white mats in the photo are puppy training mats that I had left over. They are like disposable diapers you lay around the house when house breaking puppies. Super absorbent with a water proof lining. This is the second time I’ve used them working on the car and they make cleanup super easy. Especially when I replaced the solenoid block in the transmission. It’s almost impossible to do tranny work without making a mess.

View attachment 76767
That’s a dang good idea; I have several of those left-over from a previous kitteh....

(from the wtf didn’t I think of that?!)

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ +1 ^^^
I did the same swap a couple of years back, much more mellow sound and way nicer on the ear drums and head. I found I had to tweak the hanger rods to get the tips aligned within the rear fascia reliefs.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
^+2^
I was amazed how much the Borla Touring (I think the FRPP touring is made by Borla) quieted down my long tubes compared to the OEM mufflers. Definitely points on the highway where the car is as quiet as bone stock. But when you get on it there's still a nice aggressive tone to it. Quiet, but aggressive

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it for the first time in a month! We had a lot more snow than normal all through Feb and now it's finally warm enough and we've gotten enough rain to wash off the roads.

Also got some Magnetic style wheels from American Muscle, opened up the boxes this morning and found some paint defects. Some are specks trapped in the clear, and one is a small fisheye. The specks don't really bother me but the fisheye does. Going to try to get an exchange but I've heard bad things about their customer service. Weird thing is it's only on the 19x8.5's. The 19x10's look fine.

View attachment 76765

View attachment 76762

View attachment 76763

View attachment 76764

I'm willing to bet the 19x10's will also fit on the front, regardless of what their website says.
I'd try a 10" on the front (I had 19x10's on the front when they said they wouldn't fit).
And if they fit fine, I'd look to just run 10" all around.
You could do a 275/40/19 all around - great size!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back