What have you done to your mustang today?

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
Well let's see, in the last few days I finally got around to installing the Blowfish Racing shifter bracket, the MGW Gen 2 shifter, the '14 carbon fiber driveshaft, the Torson diff w/3:73s and FRPP cast diff cover, JLT expansion tank and the Fays2 Watts link.

Rather productive week I'd say

Stranger

Reaction score
Well... my car is no longer factory stock.

My son and I installed a set MBRP axle backs that were purchased last Black Friday. Ironically, I didn't take a single picture. I take pictures of everything.

I'd read about several of the louder axle back options and how they were known to create drone. It was important for me to avoid certain noise types or it might trigger a migraine event. They've been known to end on occasion with a case of vertigo. I have to wear earplugs while riding the motorcycle or the wind noise will spark an event. That was a hard lesson.

The MBRP's sound nice but I was a little disappointed at It's volume level. I know it's probably a good thing but I sure do enjoy an aggressive V8 exhaust. These are definitely deeper in tone and louder than the stock units...
but...
No... no buts, I made the right choice.
:Big Laugh:

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The MBRP's sound nice but I was a little disappointed at It's volume level. I know it's probably a good thing but I sure do enjoy an aggressive V8 exhaust. These are definitely deeper in tone and louder than the stock units...
but...
No... no buts, I made the right choice.

The MBRP's are pretty tame with the factory cats, but add high flow cats and they get loud! And they're especially loud with longtubes even with high flow cats. I ran them for a bit last year but they were just too much.

Stranger

Reaction score
The MBRP's are pretty tame with the factory cats, but add high flow cats and they get loud! And they're especially loud with longtubes even with high flow cats. I ran them for a bit last year but they were just too much.
Yeah... I know a guy that has MBRP's with long tube headers, deleted cats and Mutha Thumpr Cams. It's loud and sounds great.

I doubt that I'll ever mess with the cats. We'll see about some of the other exhaust option possibilities.

AHaze

Reaction score
Upgraded the 4 main speakers... kinda.
Got a decent set of JL Audio 5X7s off FB marketplace for cheap and put those in the doors. The stock Mach system door speakers are actually a nice fully enclosed 2 way speaker but I always felt there was a dip in the frequency response below what the main speakers could do but above the low pass on the door woofers.
Seemed like a waste to shelf the stock fronts when the rears are complete crap so they got swapped. A nice added bonus is that the trunk doesn't have exposed magnets hanging into it anymore.
View media item 8612View media item 8613

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
The strut hole and your lack of real camber plates are limiting factors. You still don't seem to get it. But whatever, just stop repeating the false info that 285s are the limit, 11's will poke and "there's no way the front wheels could be brought any further under the fender" because clearly they can be, maybe not by you, but that doesn't mean its not possible. Additionally, everything I've done works extremely well, is very fast and entirely streetable. View attachment 77587
I never said that 285s were a limit, certainly not a hard limit.

But if you've been following the Howe ball joint thread over on TMO, you'll find out that track days are off the table for me for the foreseeable future for a reason not related to the car (partly why this reply is as late as it is). So while tightening up the spring to tower clearance might buy me another degree, it's no longer worth dialing in any more negative camber than the -2'ish degrees that's there now. 285s on 11's with -2° is still a good enough place for any enthusiastic street driving, poke or no. Remember, as a retiree I was really into performance driving for the fun and the driver mod parts as opposed to acquiring trophies from yet another sport.

We good yet?

Norm

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Power stop rotors, dtc 60 pads going on for next week's WGI event. :)

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
Power stop rotors, dtc 60 pads going on for next week's WGI event. :)
I'm jelly. My left front rotor has a warp in it. I just keep pressing harder later to try to get it to warp the rest to match.

I imagine that'll only get me into control arm replacement sooner than I'd like but I'm hard-headed that way.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Rotors become disposable/consumables when tracking the car. I got a pile of 'em. lol And I had to get a second front set, the ones I had were 14" Brembo ones. Too late to return. Brembo calipers would work, but then only one set of wheels will fit. Guess Ill be posting in the for sale section. lol

07 Boss

Reaction score
Charged up the battery and drove her for the first time in months. Weird thing is is that the squeeking pully that I have been chasing seemed to have fixed itself. Can someone please explain how that happens. It used to happen quite consistently at light throttle and load situations usually while just cruising and maintaining speed. I used to have to blip or ease up on the throttle to get it to stop. Then it would come back again within seconds. It was loud too. So loud I parked the car until I could get a new set of pulleys. Had to drive her because my daily throw a code and had to limp her home. But I don't understand how something like that just goes away. it's been two days and haven't heard a chirp.

Rich

Reaction score
The MBRP's sound nice but I was a little disappointed at It's volume level.

I had a set of MBRP axle backs last year and they were very quiet like you say. I sold them quickly and put a set of FR500S axle backs on and have been happy with those. I had straight pipes with 4 inch tips before the MBRP's but the drone gave me headaches so they went away as well :(

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Today I’ve thought about the work I need on my car.. I got it aligned after thinking I fixed my wheel shake, turns out it’s still there. The realignment is free within 12 months so I’m thinking I may just pay them to throw in the inner/outer tie rods and realign it. I’ve always done my own work, but with a baby now and the long list of other things I need to do on my weekends it probably makes more sense to just pay and get it done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back