What have you done to your mustang today?

Miker

Reaction score
Cleaned the throttle body. Didn't have any issues just wanted to do it as I had never been in there. What I discovered is a little build up but more importantly I saw no oily residue from the driver side PCV inside the manifold. It looked completely dry. Finding that killed my intent to get a catch can for the PCV.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Started pricing and researching clutches for my '13.
At almost 60k miles, boosted for about 8-9 years now, it's still on the original clutch but I'm getting a weird squeaking when engaging first gear and at a couple other movements, I think the clutch may finally be on its way out.
Due to the issues we have with the RXT in my wife's GT500, I want to stay away from a McLeod product.
Looking at Exedy and a couple other choices.

crjackson

Reaction score
it's still on the original clutch
If you got 9 years on the original, why not replace it with an OEM? Seems like it’s done an excellent job, and lasted a long time. It’s hard to beat an OEM on a daily driver.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Due to the issues we have with the RXT in my wife's GT500, I want to stay away from a McLeod product.

That's interesting. What issues are you having?
I've had the McLeod RXT for 8+ years and, apart from an irritating rattle from the unsprung hub at 1500rpm under load (most pronounced in 4th gear), it's been flawless.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I hear great things about the Exedy twin.

Definitely one of the options I'm looking into.

If you got 9 years on the original, why not replace it with an OEM? Seems like it’s done an excellent job, and lasted a long time. It’s hard to beat an OEM on a daily driver.

Thought about it, but want something I can be harder on and not be afraid of breaking it.
The stock clutch has given me some worries after drag racing the car, I'd leave wondering why does it feel so different. It would take a few days before it would feel ok again. Meanwhile the pedal engagement was off and it would feel lighter if I remember right (it's been a while since I raced the car, the clutch being one of the reasons)

That's interesting. What issues are you having?
I've had the McLeod RXT for 8+ years and, apart from an irritating rattle from the unsprung hub at 1500rpm under load (most pronounced in 4th gear), it's been flawless.

Chatter engaging first and especially reverse, and a whine/squeak engaging first sometimes. Supposedly normal. Don't like it. Wish we went with an OEM '13-'14 GT500 clutch in that car.

Last edited:

GriffX

Reaction score
FYI, if you have problems engaging the clutch for slow driving e.g. in a parking lot and get chatter, consider to take a look at your gas pedal. I had a jumpy gas pedal and after I fixed it (page 1371 this thread) this clutch chatter was gone.

Miker

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I cleaned my throttle body. Went pretty smooth. It wasn't that dirty so some time in it's lifetime it had probably been done. Ever since then my car has been slower returning to idle. In the last few days it was hanging about 1100 rpm until the car came to a complete stop. I checked to see if the PCV lines were correctly attached and they were. So I did a little reading and found some threads that said a KAM reset after doing anything to the intake tract was useful. Some even said they do it after every other tank of fuel! I did it this morning and after a short drive everything was back to normal. Good times!

crjackson

Reaction score
KAM stands for Keep Alive Memory and is where all the learned adjustments that the computer has made over time. Most of these are settings for fuel trims and information to help with idle stability. You would want to reset the KAM after fixing a mechanical issue like an air leak or a bad tank of gas. This functions like reloading the tune file but you do not have to go through the whole process.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
KAM stands for Keep Alive Memory and is where all the learned adjustments that the computer has made over time. Most of these are settings for fuel trims and information to help with idle stability. You would want to reset the KAM after fixing a mechanical issue like an air leak or a bad tank of gas. This functions like reloading the tune file but you do not have to go through the whole process.
So....

Literally reload my current tune?

crjackson

Reaction score
No, literally reset the saved values that the computer has ”Fine Tuned” previously, and stored.

It resets to default values, your computer can start fine tuning from scratch (desirable) as opposed to the slow process of trying to make changes to the previous fine tuning (undesirable).

(Optional)
If you WANT to reload your tune, you can do that too, but it’s unnecessary.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back