What is it with Vendors

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had to go out of state for the tune too. At least they answer the phone, but I've been given 6 different times when my tune would be emailed to me, tonight being the latest, and still no tune. I paid for my tunes almost a month ago, and even got a different MAF so I can't even move my car till I get the new tunes because the old one isn't going to work with the BA2400.

Just curious. Why did you go with the BA2400 instead of the Saleen Ultimate?

Well I had the BA2600 with the steeda airfilter and box, and the extreme inlet tube, but Dan@prodyno had said it was too much MAF, and he wasn't willing to do too much tune tweeking with out the car on his dyno, so I went with someone else that likes the BA2400 and does great mail order tunes that are usually spot on once the car hits a dyno. So I sold my BA2600 and bought a 2400 from another form member.

Last edited:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Vendors

Sad part is that most of us probably try to give the benefit of the doubt, be understanding, bla bla bla. And all that does is get us fucked deeper. The local shop I deal with has become a complete friggin joke. You can't get shit accomplished on the phone. You never get a return call if you leave a message. If you go up there plan on spending the day even if you have an appointment. Plus it is getting to the point that the quality of the work is suffering. I finally said fuck it and went with a tune from someone out of state. And go figure, it takes weeks after paying to get the fucking tune or get an adjustment to it. But you know what.. I am still going to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I realize the world doesn't stop for me. That they are busy. There are plenty of people in the exact same situation as I am. That getting bent out of shape over it isn't going to do a damn thing to help... and I am still going to get jacked around. So what the hell can you do? Nothing......

We can do nothing,we are at the mercy of others,some good,some bad & some that just don't care.
Atom does care,about his work & customers.He is putting out alot of fires that were not lit by him.
He has hired a few more guys he told me,so it should get better.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We can do nothing,we are at the mercy of others,some good,some bad & some that just don't care.
Atom does care,about his work & customers.He is putting out alot of fires that were not lit by him.

The funny part is... I have been hearing that EXACT same speech out of HPP for 2 years now. Lot of fires, ex employees, moving shops, more employees, expanding shops, really care, promise not to cum in your mouth, bla bla bla... And not a damn thing has changed. But guess where I drive to whenever I need something. Yup... HPP.

TexStang

Reaction score
The funny part is... I have been hearing that EXACT same speech out of HPP for 2 years now. Lot of fires, ex employees, moving shops, more employees, expanding shops, really care, promise not to cum in your mouth, bla bla bla... And not a damn thing has changed. But guess where I drive to whenever I need something. Yup... HPP.

I've had a buddy get jerked around on his Cobra for a long while with them. Took them something like 6 months to build his motor and do some other misc work, and he paid up front for most of it:tdown:. And yet he's sent it back to them, the latest with the built motor blown up or something. Kind of disappointing since they (used to) have a good rep for building badass cars

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont think thiers any reason, or excuse when it comes to dicking a customer around. If i screw up, i eat it. Its my bad. I dont want customers returning to me becuase im thier, or the most nearest shop to them. I want them to come becuase they trust me, and are happy with my buisness practices. I see this shit all the time with many shops since i am in one end of the buisness, and it straight up makes me sick. The sad part is most dont realise that its not another persons hold up. Ive learned that in a performance shop that has grown to fast, one persons payment goes to fix the person before thems car, and the person that just payed now has to wait for someone else to come in and pay for thier car. I could really get dirty and tell some nasty practices but its not worth it. At the end of the day most shops just want your maney, and would rather have you car sit thier for six months prepaid than just say we cant take you at this time. Thats greed to me. Now im not saying that most of the buisness owners athat have bad practices like some mentioned are bad people, its just sad that this stuff happens. Im fortunate to not have to worry becuase most shops within a 100 mile radious of me, will let me use thier shop at night to get my own work done on my car. But i see this stuff everyday

As far as a ba2400 goes. Their is a certain vendor that recomends these. With the right intake its good, but with some you have to mount them upside down, and all over the place. If your not pushing more than 475 a mafia wouldnt be bad. but that depends on the prices you get.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Umm, it is Adam. I am glad it worked out for you.

I agree with Don on ST. I brought my car home in June of last year. A few months ago I had Adam make me a larger pully. My pully needed to be machined, so it took 3 weeks. Oh btw my tune needed to be tweeked so I sent him my tuner and he tweeked both tunes:hi:

There is always going to be a few ST bashers out there, but 99% of people who have dealt with them would use them again.

BTW Adam I still owe you some $ call me if you get this message:evillaugh:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Vendors

I dont think thiers any reason, or excuse when it comes to dicking a customer around. If i screw up, i eat it. Its my bad. I dont want customers returning to me becuase im thier, or the most nearest shop to them. I want them to come becuase they trust me, and are happy with my buisness practices. I see this shit all the time with many shops since i am in one end of the buisness, and it straight up makes me sick. The sad part is most dont realise that its not another persons hold up. Ive learned that in a performance shop that has grown to fast, one persons payment goes to fix the person before thems car, and the person that just payed now has to wait for someone else to come in and pay for thier car. I could really get dirty and tell some nasty practices but its not worth it. At the end of the day most shops just want your maney, and would rather have you car sit thier for six months prepaid than just say we cant take you at this time. Thats greed to me. Now im not saying that most of the buisness owners athat have bad practices like some mentioned are bad people, its just sad that this stuff happens. Im fortunate to not have to worry becuase most shops within a 100 mile radious of me, will let me use thier shop at night to get my own work done on my car. But i see this stuff everyday

As far as a ba2400 goes. Their is a certain vendor that recomends these. With the right intake its good, but with some you have to mount them upside down, and all over the place. If your not pushing more than 475 a mafia wouldnt be bad. but that depends on the prices you get.

The funny thing is Adam did not take a deposit or any money from me at all,until the day he shipped the coolant tank.
All worked out in the end just fine.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is Adam did not take a deposit or any money from me at all,until the day he shipped the coolant tank.

Then regardless of how long it took, he did right by you IMO. He didn't accept payment until he was ready to get it out the door. That is a plus in my eyes. Yeah, it took way longer than he originally said it would. Shit happens in a non perfect world. How many shops out there would have taken your money first, and THEN made you wait a coons age to get what you already paid for? Just my 2 cents. You weren't out any money at all. You still had the option to go somewhere else, without getting fucked on the cash.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score

then you coulda cancelled your order and went some where else.. I did when i purchased a still not released over 1 year later shelby supersnake hood.. its that simple.

:idea:

Tom

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Just so we are all clear. i have never dealt with Adam, and i said nothing aimed at him or his shop. my statement was very general

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is Adam did not take a deposit or any money from me at all..

Same here. He's bailed me out a few times and saved me $$$ that would have been spent at the dealership.

If you get a chance, check out one of his dyno days. His wife makes the most bitchin' macaroni salad you've ever had.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Adam has helped me a lot of times and given breaks of what some of the things would have cost me. I went to Adam in mid 2005 and have always used him to do the work on my car and I still go to him, except for this last problem only to give HardKore a chance to work on my car. But Adam became a good friend over the years. One time Adam worked on my car and again discounted the bill. I felt bad that he's always doing that for me, so one day I had some extra money and sent it to him. He wasn't expecting anything either or even asked for it. It was my way of saying thanks to him.
Everyone can bash any shop out there for one reason or another. But Adam is still one of the top best shops to go to.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Adam has helped me a lot of times and given breaks of what some of the things would have cost me. I went to Adam in mid 2005 and have always used him to do the work on my car and I still go to him, except for this last problem only to give HardKore a chance to work on my car. But Adam became a good friend over the years. One time Adam worked on my car and again discounted the bill. I felt bad that he's always doing that for me, so one day I had some extra money and sent it to him. He wasn't expecting anything either or even asked for it. It was my way of saying thanks to him.
Everyone can bash any shop out there for one reason or another. But Adam is still one of the top best shops to go to.

I feel bad because I do owe him some cash for the pulley. I told him to charge my AMEX, but he says he would catch up with me later. Most of us that have dealt with Adam consider him a friend:beerchug2:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Vendors

then you coulda cancelled your order and went some where else.. I did when i purchased a still not released over 1 year later shelby supersnake hood.. its that simple.

:idea:

The problem is in the time it took from the day i ordered it to the day he shipped it.
I was told at first 2-3 weeks,which turned into 2 months.
Where was i gonna have one made like his.No one has the specs on it.
The point is i depend on people when they say something & most people like Adam will come through in the end.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thing is everyone who has good dealings with him are all local guys ....... not saying he's a bad fella or anything i like the guy seems cool to me hell we have bs'd a few times , but the point isn't whether he could have gone somewhere else or not it's fulfilling the orders you take in a decent amount of time unless otherwise noted ....

now i do hope he does add to the " crew " there , like i said above he seems like a good guy and i know every time i have talked to him it was after-hours at the shop and he was there still working on cars

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thing is everyone who has good dealings with him are all local guys ....... not saying he's a bad fella or anything i like the guy seems cool to me hell we have bs'd a few times , but the point isn't whether he could have gone somewhere else or not it's fulfilling the orders you take in a decent amount of time unless otherwise noted ....

now i do hope he does add to the " crew " there , like i said above he seems like a good guy and i know every time i have talked to him it was after-hours at the shop and he was there still working on cars

I'm over 500 miles away, however, I've driven and/or delivered/picked up cars there on at least 5 occasions. It's not uncommon to catch Adam at the shop after 11pm on a Friday night. And then he's right back there Saturday morning before 9.

Back