Who has had to upgrade their alternator??

MickeySaleen

Barricade
Reaction score
I just had an Afco dual fan H/E installed along with a Meziere electric W/P. Those, along with my gauges, HID's, etc are killing my voltage on my alternator. I am sitting around 12.4-12.5v at idle and need to be around 14v. I know someone on this forum with a lot of relays/electronics has needed to upgrade to a higher capacity alternator...what did yall go with?? Thanks in advance!!

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
x2 on PA Performance...great quality alternator.

If you upgrade to the 200A alternator, you will also need to upgrade the wiring harness. American Muscle sells the wiring harness upgrade for $49.99 here:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/powerwire-0509.html

American Muscle does not list the high output alternator on their site, but you may be able to buy it through them if you call.

Legend Shaker

forum member
Reaction score
Does PA Performance warranty their alternator if you spin it in reverse (Saleen series VI application)? I was going to upgrade, however, heard that they do not. Is this true?

MickeySaleen

Barricade
Reaction score
I have a Saleen blower as well and apparently they love to destroy alternators...

bradleyem

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...are either of yall currently running this alternator?

I'm running the 130A version....I have no need to upgrade to the 200A model yet. I went through 3 stock alternators in 2 years before upgrading to the PA Performance alt....

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
Has anybody here ever had to have a PA replaced? If you are running one of these can you please list the amperage, mileage and how old it is as well.

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there a stock altrenator that can be used as an upgrade. I know on Fox bodies there are 130am off newer models that can be used.

Maybe something off a truck? Anyone know?

RH

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man, I wouldn't even worry about it. Drop the coin on a PA, and forget about it. Im telling you money well spent

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
My stocker took a dump a week ago, just got a rebuild from carquest and been running good again, 130amp. I too have a Saleen and sure that didn't help it. If you notice there are internal fins and I would assume the alt doesn't cool as good in reverse since the fins are angled.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I've been running a 200A PA for over a year now along with the wire upgrade; with lots of electric stuff, no issues keeping up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back