WOTBOX + 5 speed users....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice I have to get a wotbox now, shit!
IMO the main benefit of the WOT box is that it doesn't upset the car. I can pretty much shift gears just as fast without it, but not without causing the nose to dive and come back up or break the tires loose which slows the car down.

That's where I am losing time, now matter how fast I shift the nose dips.
probably because I take my foot completely off the gas obvsiously but wotbox would help with that wouldn't it :)

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

probably because I take my foot completely off the gas obvsiously but wotbox would help with that wouldn't it :)

Not if you take your foot off the gas pedal.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not if you take your foot off the gas pedal.

Well yes that's what the box is supposed to help with, keeping my foot in lol
I'm not good with powershifting anything but 3rd gear.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score

If you take your foot off the gas it won't even work like Joel said.

Powershifting does the same thing but the thing with that is you can still break the tires loose/hit the rev limiter/harder to get the synchros to line up. It's also much harder on the transmission. The WOT box eliminates all those things.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Just bought one, did some research found videos read manuals this is will be a great addition to any car, I got the 2-step + no lift shift version I've always been good with soldering. should be easy to install. :clap:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, :clap:

hey man i am one of those guys that sucks very bad at electrical problems and anything related with electricity but i am also very detailed as possible on my work, so i got the WOT BOX and read the instructions for 1 or 2 days then installed step by step and it work perfect. The only problem i ran into was the software and it wasn't really a problem it was only confusion on how to use it. the instruction in their web site are very easy.

If you have any questions let me know and i might have some pictures too.

blacknlte

Reaction score
Just bought one, did some research found videos read manuals this is will be a great addition to any car, I got the 2-step + no lift shift version I've always been good with soldering. should be easy to install. :clap:

Should have checked with Tom or AJ with Amped cause they had a great deal on them!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Should have checked with Tom or AJ with Amped cause they had a great deal on them!
I got overexcited lol
Is there any issues with the cats when using one of these?
Only if you hold the 2-step for too long guess it's bad for the cats, dumping fuel etc... I am figuring that is at least after 5 seconds though, who holds a 2 step that long? (besides ricers) lol

Branman

forum member
Reaction score
Is there any issues with the cats when using one of these?

Yes you will destroy them if you use the 2-step often and for long periods of time. I mainly use the no lift shift portion right now as Im still getting used to launching the car at the track. Once I get a good RPM launch at the track I will give the 2-step a try.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Just FYI If you have nitrous you don't want to spray through the shift. It will sound like a canon going off. Wait until you get outside your window when it's not spraying.

And yeah I wouldn't use the 2step if you have cats or restrictive mufflers.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
ok, I need help, i'm done with all the wiring except for the pair of red and black wires, it says to cut (two) wires on D5 of the bussed connector I am pretty sure it's the two wires on the 5th pin but on a pin one down and to the left there is another pair of red wires. so which one is it?

I am currently staring at whats under the green cover. anyone? I think it' would be the 5th pin logically but then u have a clone of those two almost behind it!? bugging me out.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
ok, I need help, i'm done with all the wiring except for the pair of red and black wires, it says to cut (two) wires on D5 of the bussed connector I am pretty sure it's the two wires on the 5th pin but on a pin one down and to the left there is another pair of red wires. so which one is it?

I am currently staring at whats under the green cover. anyone? I think it' would be the 5th pin logically but then u have a clone of those two almost behind it!? bugging me out.

when you take the green cover like in the instructions shows the pair of red are the ones like in the center of the cover close to the screw that hold down the plug. they come from the wire loom that comes from the engine and splice into the plug.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
when you take the green cover like in the instructions shows the pair of red are the ones like in the center of the cover close to the screw that hold down the plug. they come from the wire loom that comes from the engine and splice into the plug.
Ok the ones nearest the center screw? gotcha. the other two pair of red wires are near the edge, confused me for a sec. thanks bro

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Got it working!, took it out for a spin my god how easy it is to shift with my foot on the floor @ 6k rpm, love me some assisted power shifting w00t!, 2 step works flawless also. I highly reccomend this device!

I left it on auto and it goes just as fast or as slow as I shift.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
We need video!!!!

I will see if I can grab some vids tomorrow :)
Anybody got any catalytic converter horror stories? I am going to go very light on the 2-step only for track use till I get an o/r x pipe.
But I assume damage comes from over-use like sitting there for 3 or more seconds on the two step for like 10 passes or something am I right?

Last edited:

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Got it working!, took it out for a spin my god how easy it is to shift with my foot on the floor @ 6k rpm, love me some assisted power shifting w00t!, 2 step works flawless also. I highly reccomend this device!

I left it on auto and it goes just as fast or as slow as I shift.

i am glad you got it is nice right???? i will have to look on what you said about auto. I never pay attention to that and it might help me better.

I have no bad experience so far except that i set it up at 2500 rpm at the track and use it for like 5 seconds because i was nervous and when i took off the car almost stop and ran very bad until it cleared the gas. I did it because i dont have good tires just Nitto 555r and they dont work.

other than that is cool...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back