12" or 18" resonator

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
What size resonator do you recommend? I have prochamber hi-flows and SLP LM. I want to tone it down it down a little but not take away too much volume. I wouldn't mind a little cleaner sound. I am worried that 12" would not take enough away and 18" would take too much or since I am running muffler deletes 18" would be perfect.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FWIW I run 18" magnapacks on mine , with longtubes , offroad x , magna's and deletes it was still pretty throathy , with the stock mani's , stock h , magna's and deletes it's pretty tame

IMO I think you would be alot happier with the 18" , JMO though . I loved the way mine sounded with the longtube setup .

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I went ahead and had 12" resonators installed. The shop only charged me $145 parts and labor. 12" was a good choice. Took enough of the edge off and didn't take way too much of the volume. I don't know if I was experiencing trumpeting but when I would go WOT or near WOT it would have that blatty "trumpeting" sound, but unlike trumpeting it would stay that way. Now I don't get that sound.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW I run 18" magnapacks on mine , with longtubes , offroad x , magna's and deletes it was still pretty throathy , with the stock mani's , stock h , magna's and deletes it's pretty tame

IMO I think you would be alot happier with the 18" , JMO though . I loved the way mine sounded with the longtube setup .
Since I am running a prochamber which everything else being the same it's quieter than both a x and h pipe, I concluded that the 12" would be just right. I would estimate the 12" knocked 10-12 DB off.

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah gotcha I didn't know the pro-chamber knocked down the sound level some . Learn something new everyday lol .

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
The resonators did a good job of controlling the noise on the hwy. If I was experiencing any trumpeting before, it's about 95-100A% gone now.

Jimmy k

forum member
Reaction score
The resonators did a good job of controlling the noise on the hwy. If I was experiencing any trumpeting before, it's about 95-100A% gone now.

+1. I also installed the 12 in res. Much better on the freeway. I don't think it got any noise reduction at idle but it sounds a bit deeper.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice..I have 12" glasspack resonators going in in a couple of weeks. Did you notice any extra back pressure? And how was the sound change at around 2,500-2,800 rpm's? Thanks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back