2009 East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
This should work PERFECTLY for ME!!!!!

I hope you make it out Ron. I have been wanting to see your car in action for awhile...

HOLY SHIT! Right in my back yard!

Yea, we figured "most" of the folks who arrived in NC were from the Tidewater area up to Canada, we figured we would bring it a few hundred miles closer to where most of the people are comming from.

We are going to do an all Mustang "true heads-up" points season at some tracks in the DCA too. Two classes, NA or FI, quick 16/24/32 format depending on car count, and very, very few general rules.

We will have more information about that soon.

Party at my place afterwards. Forty minutes east of the track.

If I get to blasted.... can I sleep on the floor? LOL

how far is this track from Detroit? Ive been to alot of tracks but never md

A lot closer than Rockingham. LOL About 8 hours.

I thought you guys are in the Toronto area?

We will probably do something at Rockingham this year so we don't completely waste the deposit, but we haven't talked about it much yet.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea we are from Toronto, but I know it take 3 and a half hours to get to the 313 lol so that gives me a better idea

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I would go but I don't have a cage. I don't think they will let me race more than 1 pass with the times I have been putting down lately!

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
You guys and girls that live in Md what rules are at that track? Or is it just standard rules and regulations. I want to try to make this trip.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Its a NHRA track......all NHRA rules and regulations apply.

It's not an NHRA Event...

I would go but I don't have a cage. I don't think they will let me race more than 1 pass with the times I have been putting down lately!

You guys and girls that live in Md what rules are at that track? Or is it just standard rules and regulations. I want to try to make this trip.

We own the track for the day. It is Street Jam Racing rules, not IHRA/NHRA/NMRA, etc. We do use NHRA rules as a guideline but nothing official.

This is a "Street Car" event. It is not likely that anyone is going to do 7.xxx at 200 mph. If so, I doubt you are driving it to work.

From our rules:

Safety items: All cars must meet all state registered safety inspection requirements. Current helmet, restraining devices, etc. as required.

With that, it will be a judgment call. If you are a vert, running mid 11's on DR's, no roll bar, but a current helmet, great. If you are a coupe running 10's on street tires and no roll bar or helmet... now we have a problem.

If you have a car that does not meet NHRA safety rules, and you want to compete, please PM or email me. [email protected] and we can make a determination based on your individual case.

Now, I can tell you as a person, I do not want to see anyone get hurt. I would strongly recommend that you take needed steps to protect yourself.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
...With that, it will be a judgment call. If you are a vert, running mid 11's on DR's, no roll bar, but a current helmet, great. If you are a coupe running 10's on street tires and no roll bar or helmet... now we have a problem.....

What about coupe low 11's to high 10's skinnies/drag radials and a helmet?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
What about coupe low 11's to high 10's skinnies/drag radials and a helmet?

That will be fine as long as the helmet is current and the wheels/tires pass saftey inspection. (no cracks, splits, excessive wear, etc.)

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
Ok sounds good I was mainly wondering about the helmets..My wifes car may run in the high 12's but I dont even know if I will be on anything but street tires yet. But I should get a helmet anyway..

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Will there be a tech inspection done on our cars?

Yes. If someone's vehicle does not get a clean bill of health from the track staff, they will not be able to race. Again, tech is somewhat relaxed compared to NHRA, but we still need to make sure cars are safe to go down the track, there are no fluid leaks, battery is tied down, etc.

Ok sounds good I was mainly wondering about the helmets..My wifes car may run in the high 12's but I dont even know if I will be on anything but street tires yet. But I should get a helmet anyway..

Please do... Everyone driving is required to wear a helmet.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmm.... well that's a lot closer.... and I have a vert on DRs.... high 11s...... this could be do-able........

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I hope this car is there! I really ant to see it. In the pictures, it looks very clean...

http://www.mandraracing.com/images/members/Conlan/Conlan_photo_gal.htm

bob's-new-motor-'66-009.jpg

bob's-new-motor-'66-002.jpg

spedly

forum member
Reaction score
That's only 20min from my folks place in Middletown. I may have to make the trip out there.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
Oh man I wish this was closer to home. Do you guys ever plan these any closer to st. louis?
If so id LOVE to get involved. I want to hit the strip as much as possible this summer and my friends dont like to go that often. Im surely not going to go by myself either.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back