2009 East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout

coair73x

forum member
Reaction score
to DC MD people??? About how long was the drive down? I really wanted to attend this event to watch but see it is on maybe for April 2010. I might just make plans this time. Thanks for any info.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was a 7 hour drive down for us. Coming from the northern part of MD.

Note: I was hauling some ass too.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
to DC MD people??? About how long was the drive down? I really wanted to attend this event to watch but see it is on maybe for April 2010. I might just make plans this time. Thanks for any info.

We are talking about moving the venue much further north. (sorry Chad) Most of the attendies were from the mid-Atlantic and North East. It makes sense to make it easier to get to.

The members of the staff have not meet up since the race was postponed, but we are hoping to have some details soon.

It was a 7 hour drive down for us. Coming from the northern part of MD.

Note: I was hauling some ass too.

Don't talk about my friends like that... :damnit: John's a great guy.
LOL

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We are talking about moving the venue much further north. (sorry Chad) Most of the attendies were from the mid-Atlantic and North East. It makes sense to make it easier to get to.

The members of the staff have not meet up since the race was postponed, but we are hoping to have some details soon.

Don't talk about my friends like that... :damnit: John's a great guy.
LOL

As long as its where the damn town isnt SHUT DOWN at 10PM, and theres places to get thrown out of...
Ya never know...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
As long as its where the damn town isnt SHUT DOWN at 10PM, and theres places to get thrown out of...
Ya never know...

Hell yea man. What a sleepy town Rockingham is. Great people, but too dry.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make it during the Summer... where there's NO reason to go to the track HERE when its 90degrees F, 95+Humidity... and thats a GOOD, cool evening :chairfall:

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
Its get pretty hot here in the summer too. Avg 80s. We see 90 every now and then.

It cools down at night but gets more humid.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its get pretty hot here in the summer too. Avg 80s. We see 90 every now and then.

It cools down at night but gets more humid.

but your AIR... the air is MUCH better...

humid...?? go see what No Problem or Evadale looks like at 9pm or later!
foggy_river_liffy_dublin_morning.jpg

Which lane you want??

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Virginia Motorsports Park would be another option, great track and only a few minutes from Richmond with plenty to do.

Earl

smoken1986

forum member
Reaction score
+1 to Virginia Motorsports Park but thats because its only 2hrs away...lol I am going to try to make plans to attend this one for sure no matter if its at the Rock or further north

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I have some updates. I want to start off by welcoming Kimmer to the Five Guys Racing board! Kim has been a great supporter for the race, and is now helping coordinate the event!

I also want to thank everyone once again for their support and making the trip out to NC. I am very sorry we got rained out, but with that said....

The dates are set and the venue is booked!

The East Cost S197 Shootout has ben rescheduled for April 24th, 2010 at Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro, MD! http://www.masondixondragway.com/

The staff is working hard over the next few weeks to get the best possible pricing to the members, get group rates at local hotels, and finalizing the fine details. Keep an eye out for the the details. We may start a new thread. If so, we will get a link in here too.

Thanks everyone!

Spaz

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I have some updates. I want to start off by welcoming Kimmer to the Five Guys Racing board! Kim has been a great supporter for the race, and is now helping coordinate the event!

I also want to thank everyone once again for their support and making the trip out to NC. I am very sorry we got rained out, but with that said....

The dates are set and the venue is booked!

The East Cost S197 Shootout has ben rescheduled for April 24th, 2010 at Mason Dixon Dragway in Boonsboro, MD! http://www.masondixondragway.com/

The staff is working hard over the next few weeks to get the best possible pricing to the members, get group rates at local hotels, and finalizing the fine details. Keep an eye out for the the details. We may start a new thread. If so, we will get a link in here too.

Thanks everyone!

Spaz

This should work PERFECTLY for ME!!!!!

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HOLY SHIT! Right in my back yard!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back