2009 East Coast S197 Mustang Shootout

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Unfortunately, we are forced to cancel the event which also includes tomorrow. We will post a new date for the event in the weeks to come, that will give enough advance notice to allow everyone to plan for it. We want to thank our friends that made the long trek to make the event, and we still had a great time meeting up and hanging out.

See you when we reschedule.

Cheers.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to touch base and give you guys a quick update. Unfortunately, as Todd mentioned, we had to cancel the event for this weekend. After several decision-making meetings, reviewing the weather, and working on the track, the track officials advised us that they would not be able to dry and maintain the track today. Due to the increased chance of rain developing for Monday, we were asked to reschedule the event for another day.

On behalf of Street Jam Racing and the Five Guys Racing Team, please accept our apologies for the rainout and cancelation of today’s event. We hope each of you will have an opportunity to come back and join us again.

We will be meeting over the next week or so, to begin planning the rain date. We hope we can pull this together for you soon. As plans unfold, we will keep you updated. For people who have pre-paid, we will contact you with information relating to rain-checks and/or refunds. In the interim, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Now for the good stuff…

We had a great turnout! Even with the rain, more than 30 drivers arrived; some from up to 1000 miles away. It was amazing to see how many people made the journey to Rockingham, NC for this first-time event. Although we did not get to have our race, a few people did run at the T&T the night before, and many of us got to hangout for a good portion of today. This race community is awesome, and we greatly appreciate you all coming out. As we mentioned before, this race is to promote friendship and goodwill while having a great time racing out street cars. Just like so many decades before, you all have shown us what a vast, welcoming group of people makeup the race community.

We did have a chance to get some pictures and video of us goofing around at the track. Hopefully we will have some posted soon. Check back frequently for updates.

I would like to thank Joe and Matt DaSilva, their family, friends and entire DaSilva Racing Team, for making the 1600+ mile round trip. It was an honor to meet all of you. I hope we can get together again soon.

I would like to thank Peter Mitas from Thump_rrr Racing who also trekked near 1600 miles round trip, as well as Peter’s family and friends for joining us today in support. (I need that Carpaccio recipe, btw… LOL)

Thanks to everyone from HP Performance Inc. from Jacksonville Florida.

Also thank you to the folks from Hurricane Racing for the local support.

Of course I can’t forget our friend Chad! Thanks for making the trip up from the Bayou, supporting the event, and being a good friend to us. It was a blast hanging out.

I am sorry to say, I do not remember everyone’s name, but I do want to thank everyone. I know we had folks from Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee, New Jersey, Georgia, Alabama, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and many other places. If I did not mention you… please chime in and say hello. We would like the chance to say thank you.

We would also like to thank our sponsors. Along with the trophies and ongoing support, they have collectively donated over $2,000 in prizes and give-a-ways.

JJ from Woodbine Motorsports was on the scene helping out where he could, supporting our team, the other drivers, and the event as a whole.

We would also like to thank Peter and Thump Racing for their support today. They were also on the scene. Thump Racing gave away many shirts and sweaters to the drivers and spectators today. It was a welcome gesture in the cold rain too! Thump Racing also had some other surprises for participants. I can tell you that they are VERY generous prizes. Unfortunately, because we did not race, those items are staying a secret until the rain date. (I had to give you a teaser, sorry)

Thanks to Fore Precision Works for their support as well. We have a great set of AL Fuel Rails as a prize on our rain date as well.

We would also like to thank our newest sponsor, Chuck at 1320 Photography for coming out and shooting some pictures for us today. Welcome to the family Chuck!

Of course, where would we be without Kim and the awesome support staff at S197Forum! Thanks for having a kick ass tech and racing oriented site!

I need to thank the rest of my team; Scott, Todd, John, and Art. You guys rock. Thanks for your efforts getting us this far. Can’t wait for a good dry day to let the hard work pay off.

I also need to thank my wife Lindsay. She spent days and did one hell of a job with helping the team, planning, and hosting a killer Halloween bash for the dozen+ kids at the T&T on Saturday night. Way too go!

I know this is kind of long winded, especially given we did not get to have the race, but today was still a successful day and a lot of people made it happen. Keep an eye out for the rain date. We should have something for you very soon.

Your Friend,
Spaz

Last edited:

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
Had a few things come up and couldnt make it, but looks like that was for the best since we couldnt race. Ill def make the next one.

So where are these pics?

Anybody get any good numbers sat night?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Regardless of the weather, it was still a good time. We were fortunate to put names with faces and talk it up. Some of us got a few good runs in on Saturday night. I got a personal best, myself. Those 12's are creeping in!

I hope this does get rescheduled. I think this first "go-around" gave everyone from all spectrums a good idea of what worked and what didn't work.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Todd took some pictures of the cars. Chuck got some of the cars and people. I have about 3 minutes of video too. Nothing great, but i might post it anyway. Just us goofing around in the rain.

shootout1.jpg

shootout2.jpg

shootout3.jpg

shootout4.jpg

shootout5.jpg

shootout6.jpg

shootout7.jpg

shootout8.jpg

shootout9.jpg

shootout10.jpg

shootout11.jpg

shootout12.jpg

shootout13.jpg

shootout14.jpg

shootout15.jpg

shootout16.jpg

shootout17.jpg

shootout18.jpg

shootout19.jpg

shootout20.jpg

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pics,

I keep looking at Matt's hood and wondering if I should go with the 2inch or 4 inch.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry we didn't stick around, we just wanted to get home. All in all I was disapointed with the god dam weather of course... and the track was drying its self basicly because of the wind but nothing we could of done about it. It was a pleaser meeting you all in person! Chad maybe we should of just raced in the staging lanes xD

Im very fustrated I didn't hit 11's this year... not sure which route im about to take this winter... Right now the car will be packed in the garage until im ready to look at it lol

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In time young man, in time! It was great meeting you and your Dad. I'm sure we'll see you next year, and we'll all be in the 11s by then, and pushing 11.5...

By the way, did you folks get any video you can post up of the TnT Saturday night?

John

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only Video I got was a incar video of my car lol... It's funny to watch the camera flop around while I was banging gears

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was great meeting you Matt. Your car has 11's in it as it sits now.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Sorry we didn't stick around, we just wanted to get home. All in all I was disapointed with the god dam weather of course... and the track was drying its self basicly because of the wind but nothing we could of done about it. It was a pleaser meeting you all in person! Chad maybe we should of just raced in the staging lanes xD

Im very fustrated I didn't hit 11's this year... not sure which route im about to take this winter... Right now the car will be packed in the garage until im ready to look at it lol

No need for "sorry". It was a very disappointing day for sure. I got an email fom the owner after asking to apply the deposit to an early spring date...

"Sincerely sorry about the weather, there was a heavy mist all day which would have prevented us from running." .... "Throw a few dates at me and we’ll put on 2010 calendar."

I guess it just wasn't meant to happen that day.

As far as 11's go, don't feel to bad. At least you are solid 12.0xx. Every time I make a change to my car, I slowed down a half second... I haven't been this slow since the car was stock.

We'll get it nailed down.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Matt,
I was such a pleasure meeting you, your Dad, and friends that all came with you to support you, that was awesome. I know you will get 11's in the spring. Thanks for coming down from Toronto. it was an Honor that you and your crew came out to our first S197 Shootout. Next year we are going to have many more events starting with this one at the Rock. We plan to have many more events throughout the year and we are dedicated to make this an event a huge success for all of you.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man do I know that feeling.....

Was nice meeting you Matt. So your not shutting down for the season are you?

Right back at ya

Im calling it for the season... with my luck it will rain on sunday on the way up to my local track... i just put my head light back in and my sport lines back in the rear...

Time to get the winter build going, lots of ideas going through my head.

main things

28" et drag out back
4.56 gears
tru trac

50-100 lbs weight reduction

I can't wait to get a nice fat 28 out back. Im taking my 6 year old et streets off... best $100 Ive ever spent lol

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
6 years?!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOA, LOL.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back