2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The BBB is a joke. I found out first hand years ago. They did jack for me. Heck 60 minutes ran a piece on it years ago proving they aren't very helpful.

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
The BBB is a joke. I found out first hand years ago. They did jack for me. Heck 60 minutes ran a piece on it years ago proving they aren't very helpful.

exactly and the reason is, is because its not a law that any business is a part of it...thus if something happens, the biz can go ok, leave a bad review...thats it, they risk any sort of penity beyond a finger pointed from the bbb, which again most people dont care about.

but i will say, even though it totally sucks someone has to go through this...i hope they will let us know the steps to hopefully get this fixed for snyone in the future.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Well, it's getting worse. There is no way this is a tuning problem. This is clearly an overall computer problem. My information center took a dump. Car wouldn't idle for 3 attempts over 10 minutes. More misfire and check engine lights.

Emailed this link to the service manager to pass on to the Ford rep for me as well as for the tech to review just in case it magically clears up after I dropped the car off.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't see the problem, you just bought the car to sit in the driveway and look pretty, you didn't actually want to drive it did you?

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
Starting to get worried now! I've recently ordered a 2013 GT with manual transmission and I still have to wait long enough to get the car in here (ETA is March 2013) and I can't imagine getting this problem after all the wait :mad2:. Manual transmission 2013 GTs are even rare here and I guess I'll ask our dealer if they are getting any complains from the 2013 owners.

I still can't know why it is heppening with manual transmission cars though!

Anyway, I hope things turns in your favor at the end and you end up enjoying your car again.

Keep us posted.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
I think its funny that ONE car has an issue and all of a sudden ALL 13 owners are scared. Mine runs like a dream, don't sweat it. :thumb2:

As for the OP, good luck on getting this figured out. Ford should set you straight, and if not, return fire. :crazy:

fake

2011 Black 5.0
Reaction score
I think its funny that ONE car has an issue and all of a sudden ALL 13 owners are scared. Mine runs like a dream, don't sweat it. :thumb2:

As for the OP, good luck on getting this figured out. Ford should set you straight, and if not, return fire. :crazy:

There are others having this problem. A few post on allfordmustangs.com and on themustangsource.com. All having the flashing CEL and misfire. All have a 13 5.0 with manual.

Ford changed something on the 13's stock tune for these cars to be having this problem.

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
^Has anyone compared build dates for '13 GT's that are having the problems?

That may help narrow down what was mentioned earlier about a possible bad batch of '13 GT Manual computers.

'13 GT Base with Track Pack, build date 10/8/12.....approx 1100 miles now, no problems.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score

sorry to Burst your bubble Gizmo but i'm having the same issue and have been since the 400 mile mark. ford told me the same thing "no known solution at this time"

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

There are others having this problem. A few post on allfordmustangs.com and on themustangsource.com. All having the flashing CEL and misfire. All have a 13 5.0 with manual.

Ford changed something on the 13's stock tune for these cars to be having this problem.

sorry to Burst your bubble Gizmo but i'm having the same issue and have been since the 400 mile mark. ford told me the same thing "no known solution at this time"

My local dealer is one of the dealers piloting a possible solution. The Ford Rep told him they have a large amount of affected 2013 5.0 Manuals nation wide that are having this problem. It's a know issue that needs to be fixed.

^Has anyone compared build dates for '13 GT's that are having the problems?

That may help narrow down what was mentioned earlier about a possible bad batch of '13 GT Manual computers.

'13 GT Base with Track Pack, build date 10/8/12.....approx 1100 miles now, no problems.

Mine is at the dealer or I would post up the date. I will when I get it back. It would be interesting to see what mine is compared to Bald Menace and others having issues.

BOWTIE-X

Reaction score
Unless you are having issues with your own brand new car you will never know the feeling my friends.

Lucky for me I had an issue that was under TSB which is for creaking from the front suspension. The problem I had was that I got my car back from my dealer with 5 dents total all near the body line crease on the driver door. Talk about being pissed. I had fire coming out of my eyes literally. To make the matter even worst, the service manager tried to make it seem like I must of have brought my brand new car in with dents already. In the end, I didn't even want this dealer to come near my car so I just ended up dumping 250 bucks for PDR.

I know your pain op. hopefully you get everything to go your way.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353898769.885161.jpg

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Are all of the cars with issues premiums? Just curious

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
mine is, but I didn't hear from anyone else what theirs is, not did the dealer say one way or another.

claudermilk

Reaction score

Speak for yourself. ;) '13 base GT manual with Brembos built 5/12 (not sure of day). It has 9k on it and not a whiff of a problem.

Seems to me like a small number of cars with the problem. If your haven't seen it or don't have your car yet, I personally wouldn't get worked up. File it away as a potential issue, but nothing more than that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back