4.6 Stroker Shortblock

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
How much can this block handle? And I've never heard of Probe...?
Conservatively.....1000 hp. Although I've seen this type of rotating assembly go 1500. Probe Industries is one of the oldest and most well-known piston/rod/rotating assembly providers in the aftermarket. Their sister company, Coast High Performance sells complete short/longblock assemblies and accessories.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Conservatively.....1000 hp. Although I've seen this type of rotating assembly go 1500. Probe Industries is one of the oldest and most well-known piston/rod/rotating assembly providers in the aftermarket. Their sister company, Coast High Performance sells complete short/longblock assemblies and accessories.

If I don't get a decent price on doing the work on my block from this company I'm going to check out sometime this week, we will have to work out some type of deal on your block once I sell the pieces I have.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be willing to work out a deal including cash and your parts.

I will be getting with you shortly after I talk to one more company.

Does the block come with any type of warranty through Probe? Compared to Livernois, how would you rate Probe?

If you don't want to keep answering questions on here you can PM me

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Probe/Coast High didn't build this one. I did so there's no warranty. I fully understand if that is a deal-killer.

I'd rate Probe's stuff as good or better than anyone's parts. Plus, I've built a few of these things in the last 8 years.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Probe/Coast High didn't build this one. I did so there's no warranty. I fully understand if that is a deal-killer.

I'd rate Probe's stuff as good or better than anyone's parts. Plus, I've built a few of these things in the last 8 years.

Depends, how good of an engine builder are you? Haha

You said you plan on throwing 20+ lbs boost and didn't feel as comfortable with this setup. I'm planning on around 15 lbs plus a small (35-75) shot of nitrous, what do you think?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
It wasn't just the amount of boost I plan on pushing. There is also the matter of a 6800 rpm shift point and the "in & out of the throttle" that is required in any form of index racing. Plus, I am limited to VP Streetblaze 100 octane in one of the classes so I'm leery of scorching the rings.

For your setup I'd be ok with 15 psi and even a small shot of nitrous as long as you don't knock the shit out of it. When you decide to turn the boost up and use nitrous I would definitely spike the fuel with five gallons of C16 or so just to be safe.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
It wasn't just the amount of boost I plan on pushing. There is also the matter of a 6800 rpm shift point and the "in & out of the throttle" that is required in any form of index racing. Plus, I am limited to VP Streetblaze 100 octane in one of the classes so I'm leery of scorching the rings.

For your setup I'd be ok with 15 psi and even a small shot of nitrous as long as you don't knock the shit out of it. When you decide to turn the boost up and use nitrous I would definitely spike the fuel with five gallons of C16 or so just to be safe.

What do you mean by this? I'm very spirited in my driving "habits" haha

I'm most likely going to be in and out of the throttle a lot and doing redline shifting.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
As long as you don't hammer the engine with a direct shot fogger system at 125-150 hp shot while under boost you should be ok.

The "in/out of the throttle" we deal with is when we pull up alongside someone near the top end and start "wop-wop-wop" the throttle in order to stay ahead of them to the finish line. Too much of that while under 20+ psi is not going to do the pistons any good at all.

grampa_stang

Reaction score
As long as you don't hammer the engine with a direct shot fogger system at 125-150 hp shot while under boost you should be ok.

The "in/out of the throttle" we deal with is when we pull up alongside someone near the top end and start "wop-wop-wop" the throttle in order to stay ahead of them to the finish line. Too much of that while under 20+ psi is not going to do the pistons any good at all.

I know that sound all to well. It's what the faster cars can do when they catch the slower cars a little too early. SANDBAGGER.. lol

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
What year block is this? Would 06 valve covers work with this? And is it sold yet? I'm really thinking about working out a trade with you for my parts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back