5.0 ? Whats so special about these mustangs,every one is going back to stock.

Robstang

forum member
Reaction score
I would love to have a 5.0, #8 cylinder problem and all. But I'm just not into the looks of the rear of the 10 up stangs.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do it Cam, dont be scared!!!!

The dark side attempt's to give another ring away!

Picture1-8.png

Phuck Phace

forum member
Reaction score
All the ladies that have been in my car think it’s hot sh!t.

And by “all the ladies” I'm referring to my mom, I don’t know any other womenz.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
All the ladies that have been in my car think it’s hot sh!t.

And by “all the ladies” I'm referring to my mom, I don’t know any other womenz.

I was about to reply with the same thing, until I highlighted your hidden message.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
I would love to have a 5.0, #8 cylinder problem and all. But I'm just not into the looks of the rear of the 10 up stangs.

I wish people would stop repeating this nonsense. This was an isolated time in 2011 and not a recoccuring thing.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish people would stop repeating this nonsense. This was an isolated time in 2011 and not a recoccuring thing.

You may want to go search other boards. It seems that the heat and tunes are causing them again.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Oh, you wish it were so! Meh heh heh!

Picture1-9.png

Last edited:

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
You may want to go search other boards. It seems that the heat and tunes are causing them again.

In my opinion, from the reading I have done it seems to be more from tuners getting overly aggressive with their N/A tunes due the popularity of the new 5.0 making so much power in N/A form. So many people are trying to get so much from these motors without spending a whole lot on aftermarket parts pushing the motors/tunes to the limits.

All it takes is a bad tank of gas with an aggressive tune to start melting pistons.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
In my opinion, from the reading I have done it seems to be more from tuners getting overly aggressive with their N/A tunes due the popularity of the new 5.0 making so much power in N/A form. So many people are trying to get so much from these motors without spending a whole lot on aftermarket parts pushing the motors/tunes to the limits.

All it takes is a bad tank of gas with an aggressive tune to start melting pistons.
Is this new? I thought they always did this.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
From what I've read and learned, it seems as though it's dealing mostly with the new style of independent cam timing, and these cars add timing faster than they pull it back, #8 runs the hottest of all the cylinders, then mix in heat (and in some cases altitude) and too much timing and you get the detonation in #8. Cooling issue? Quite possibly.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
Is this new? I thought they always did this.

As the factory motors get more efficient putting more power out and leaving less on the table, the margin narrows for "tuners" to be able to put out products for big HP claims with their products and tunes. So in order to keep these claims going to make sales, they load dynos differently and continue to push the envelope on tuning.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As the factory motors get more efficient putting more power out and leaving less on the table, the margin narrows for "tuners" to be able to put out products for big HP claims with their products and tunes. So in order to keep these claims going to make sales, they load dynos differently and continue to push the envelope on tuning.

Bingo!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back