adding sirius to base model

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
So my base model 12 doesn't have satellite radio However, the radio has a button for sirius. When I push it the screen says no sat radio. Is there a kit to buy that I can use with the factory head unit to add it?

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
You will either have to buy the FORD box and cables to plug it in (which sounds expensive) or buy the Sirius unit from Sirius that uses the FM modulator and mount it some where.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
This is the kit I was looking at. You can find them all over ebay. Didn't know for sure though if they work. I want to keep the stock look so this would be perfect.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
That kit states that it will work on 07-12 Mustangs.

I don't think that plug for the OEM harness is right, but usually they just post one pic for all the models.

I have never used that setup nor heard of it. So you might be on your on.

Do you have the Ford Sync or just the base model stereo?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
The I simple should work just fine. Or as stated get the parts from the ford dealer and use that. Just put a factory one in last week. Sometimes the I simple ones can be kind of tricky to learn the programming. It's been awhile since I have done one.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
So what are you looking at in terms of pricing for all the factory parts? And what programming are you speaking of with the I simple?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I just had a customer bring me the factory parts to do It for them. Literally plugged in behind the radio ran the antenna and was done with that part.

The I simple stuff I have used. Just seems to act weird or will stop working for no reason. Them you have to go back in and reset the device by unplugging for a few minutes. If you plan on getting it. Make sure it comes with a scci tuner. They are getting hard to find. Because they are being discontinued soon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back