Aftermarket Recaro seats?

Reaction score
Does anywhere here have aftermarket Recaro's in there car? Not S197 or S550 factory ones. I'm looking at the recaro speed or cross speed for my 05. Corbeau's are hard to get cheap in Europe, sadly.

Just came back from the Le Mans 24h again and the stock seats ruin my back after a couple of hours. And they dont hold you in very well on french country roads neither.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at a lot of recaros as well and really like the simplicity of the speed. In Canada, it is pretty tough to find recaro retailers that have dealt with anything other than the hardcore racing seats so I have been hesitant. I would like to sit in some of these in real life before putting that kind of money out but that may not be possible.
I haven't come across many people on the net that have swapped in anything other than the factory or boss recaros so you may not find much information.
Every recaro that I have ever sat in feels like a great blend of engineering and art, even if the seat didn't fit me particularly well.
If you have decent access to Recaros, go for it. After all, they are one of the things you can enjoy every time you drive your car.

07SGT4743

Reaction score
I have a set installed in my ‘07 Shelby GT. I don’t daily drive the car, but do drive it on some pretty long trips to autocross events.

Overall, I’d rate them at about an 8 out of ten.

On long trips, I feel I could use a little more support for my lower back. The width is comfortable, but will probably be a little tight for larger sized folks.

On the autocross course, I find they are much better than the stock seats, but obviously not as good as a fixed back seat. The up side is that I can get to the back seat when necessary.

I mounted them on Planted Technology mounts and the install was straight forward. This setup will position you lower in the car than the stock seats.

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the reply man! Do you have any pictures of them installed?
Im pretty short and small, so width will be fine. Is there any way of using spacers to get them a little higher up?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back