Anyone in the Atlanta area intrested in doing a meet up at the Varsity at some point?

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Intrested in meeting other board members and check out some nice cars. A Varsity meet might be cool if others are intrested. :thumb2:

Anyone?

Bueller?

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking maybe the last weekend in Oct or first in Nov?

Figured it would probably be better to meet up before the holidays get swinging.

We'll see if we get some more intrest.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
An unneeded bump since there is only 6 posts in here.

But, bump none the less.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I am interested after I get my car back from the body shop on 11/12.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my few buddies are going to Atlanta dragway this Friday if any of you guys wanna join.
We should cruise together.
I can't believe there is no mustang club in Atlanta area when there are so many s197s running around. I'm about to make a Facebook page, what do you guys think? We can have track day at Atlanta dragway, silver dollar raceway or even cruise to dragons tale. I got some decent camera and video equipments too.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
There are some, but they seem to be falling by the wayside. I was in the NWGA club, but it died. Then there was the FPCOA (Ford Performance Cars of Atlanta) I went to a couple of events but never joined. Now their website is down...
I think a few of those guys are on here.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
There is a MCA chapter down here on the southside of Atl. They meet one Tues or Thurs a month over in Fayetteville. I keep meaning to check it out, but during the week generally doesn't work for me.

I went to one meeting of a Mustang Club that met up on the north side a couple of years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. Didn't feel very welcome when I went...so...yeah...went once.

Not sure if someone wants to pick a concrete date, but I'm pretty open to either Nov 3rd or 10th. I'm going to be in Nashville the weekend of 15th - 18th and then the following week is Thanksgiving....then everyone will be ramping up for Christmas...

I know Pardue said he was down for a meet after he got his car back, so I don't want to screw him on setting this up before then. So, if everyone wants to meet up that weekend that I'm going to be out of town, I'll just try and catch up and check everyone out another time. But like I said, Nov 3rd and 10th work for me...anyone else?

Ssipstang - I want to check out your front splitter so I'm gonna need you to show up for sure...lol.
Want to see what a PITA it may be trying to get in my driveway with something like that.

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
There is a MCA chapter down here on the southside of Atl. They meet one Tues or Thurs a month over in Fayetteville. I keep meaning to check it out, but during the week generally doesn't work for me.

I went to one meeting of a Mustang Club that met up on the north side a couple of years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. Didn't feel very welcome when I went...so...yeah...went once.

Not sure if someone wants to pick a concrete date, but I'm pretty open to either Nov 3rd or 10th. I'm going to be in Nashville the weekend of 15th - 18th and then the following week is Thanksgiving....then everyone will be ramping up for Christmas...

I know Pardue said he was down for a meet after he got his car back, so I don't want to screw him on setting this up before then. So, if everyone wants to meet up that weekend that I'm going to be out of town, I'll just try and catch up and check everyone out another time. But like I said, Nov 3rd and 10th work for me...anyone else?

Ssipstang - I want to check out your front splitter so I'm gonna need you to show up for sure...lol.
Want to see what a PITA it may be trying to get in my driveway with something like that.

I'm not looking for a club or anything like that. Just some casual group to hang out together and share resources. I think I'm gonna make a facebook page for metro atlanta s197s.
My front splitter isn't too bad. I clear most of speed bumps, railroad tracks, and driveways. You just have to drive 5mph and take angle while blocking traffic behind you rofl.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
I'm down for a meet,,,,but my car is down as well...... Long story.. Should xbe done soon......

FYI---- there is a track day coming up in November. Nov 17th @ Silver dollar in Reynolds. 20.00 to race all day and tech is not that strict. It is for a local group called MCE. Pretty good group but like most car groups have seemed to have died. But is it a small group that host a good track day

I am down for a local meet for sure. Just let me know...............

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Intrested in meeting other board members and check out some nice cars. A Varsity meet might be cool if others are intrested. :thumb2:

Anyone?

Bueller?

LOL! You need to get Guy Fieri from Dinners, Drive Ins and Dives there at the same time. I heard about this place by watching his show and they showed how stupidly busy that place is. Food looks good also!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score

I am down for anytime after the 12th of November. I am not much on the car club thing but I am definitely in for hanging out with a few S197 members or going on a ride in the mountains or something.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I'm down for a meet,,,,but my car is down as well...... Long story.. Should xbe done soon......

FYI---- there is a track day coming up in November. Nov 17th @ Silver dollar in Reynolds. 20.00 to race all day and tech is not that strict. It is for a local group called MCE. Pretty good group but like most car groups have seemed to have died. But is it a small group that host a good track day

I am down for a local meet for sure. Just let me know...............

I'm down for a track day. I haven't been to the strip since I had my 95GT and I would be curious to see what the 11' will do. But I'm going to be in Nashville that weekend, so I'm going to have to pass. If that wasn't the case, I'd make the drive.

LOL! You need to get Guy Fieri from Dinners, Drive Ins and Dives there at the same time. I heard about this place by watching his show and they showed how stupidly busy that place is. Food looks good also!

Food is "ok", it's more of a novelty IMO than anything else. Hotdogs are ok (hard to screw up a hotdog) fries are meh, onion rings are ok. But it was kind of a central and KNOWN location in Atlanta ;) so I just took a shot that some would be interested.

I am down for anytime after the 12th of November. I am not much on the car club thing but I am definitely in for hanging out with a few S197 members or going on a ride in the mountains or something.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about joining a car club (all the dues and political BS). Just don't have the time to keep up with something like that. Just thought a meet would be cool before it turned off too cold where I personally am not going to want to stand out in the wind in downtown Atl checking out cars.

I'm going to do this. Personally I hate tossing the idea of a meet out there and then having to back out. But since there are several who have shown interest in getting together but their cars are down - and I'm going to be out of town when everyone will be up and running....IF someone wants to pick this up and get together that weekend of Nov 17th that seems to be the weekend that everyone will have their cars back up and running.

The only thing I'll ask if you guys make this happen is.....post pictures :thumb2:

Depending on what kind of winter we have, I may try and organize something in January and or worst case, in the spring.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm down for a track day. I haven't been to the strip since I had my 95GT and I would be curious to see what the 11' will do. But I'm going to be in Nashville that weekend, so I'm going to have to pass. If that wasn't the case, I'd make the drive.

Food is "ok", it's more of a novelty IMO than anything else. Hotdogs are ok (hard to screw up a hotdog) fries are meh, onion rings are ok. But it was kind of a central and KNOWN location in Atlanta ;) so I just took a shot that some would be interested.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about joining a car club (all the dues and political BS). Just don't have the time to keep up with something like that. Just thought a meet would be cool before it turned off too cold where I personally am not going to want to stand out in the wind in downtown Atl checking out cars.

I'm going to do this. Personally I hate tossing the idea of a meet out there and then having to back out. But since there are several who have shown interest in getting together but their cars are down - and I'm going to be out of town when everyone will be up and running....IF someone wants to pick this up and get together that weekend of Nov 17th that seems to be the weekend that everyone will have their cars back up and running.

The only thing I'll ask if you guys make this happen is.....post pictures :thumb2:

Depending on what kind of winter we have, I may try and organize something in January and or worst case, in the spring.

November 17 works for me! You guys just decide on a place and I will be there.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
I'll help with this as long as my car is done. It should be...... If I can't race then I will go and hang out for sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back