Anyone in the Atlanta area intrested in doing a meet up at the Varsity at some point?

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. When Chick-Fil-A corp laid me off, I had just told my boss we were expecting a baby (told him on Wed and that Friday I was laid off). It was a long BS story....but good timing for YOU is not what companies look at.

Work those leads and be diligent man. There are jobs out there, you just have to be on your "A" game.

If you're in IT, PM me and I'll check some leads I have (whats your maximum drive area?)

I'm still down for this meet, by the way (Summit Racing Toys For Tots).
***Edit***
I had it in my head that this was going to be on Dec 2nd...So I'm double checking my schedule.
But Pardue - If you want to make this meet, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to chip in for gas.

Companies definitely do not care about timing on the employee end. I am actually an experienced Parts Manager but unfortunately I don't have IT experience.

Man I really appreciate the offer for gas but I can't do that. I appreciate the offer more than you know though.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Companies definitely do not care about timing on the employee end. I am actually an experienced Parts Manager but unfortunately I don't have IT experience.

Man I really appreciate the offer for gas but I can't do that. I appreciate the offer more than you know though.

Well, I've been in your position before, and I know the deal.
I also understand the "I can't do that" comment.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear a bout Purdue..... That really blows... Hope it turns around for you.

I'm still waiting on my car to be finished, but it should be done by then.... Fingers crossed.......

I didn't get to go to summit due to work and car status , but I did drive out to the coffee and octane.

It's a frees how and all I can say is WOW,!!!!

The variety of cars there is amazing. Everything from hot Rodgers, vettes camaros Austin martins, porches, Lamborghini and of course mustangs...hammers, lifted trucks, and a kick ass ford gt.. I will post a pic later it is on a my phone...

Really good turn out.

I will try to get on here closer to time to see if anyone wants to go

Who is in for free show next month.....

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in going to the coffee and octane cruise in in January?

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Appreciate the love! Its a turd

Yes it is a big steaming turd! :laughlots: J/k, it does look good man! I gotta say, I am disappointed in you though....I sell my car and you let our small Atlanta group fall apart.:nk:

BTW, I was in Douglasville last weekend and saw a gray Fox so I chased it down only to realize it wasn't you, lol. It was a clean coupe but it had some lame Cobra Rs on it.

Pardue, sorry to hear about your job man. Try to stay positive and keep looking, hopefully you'll find something even better.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
Anyone interested in going to the coffee and octane cruise in in January?
When and where?
x2
I know its Sunday morning but when and where?

Yes it is a big steaming turd! :laughlots: J/k, it does look good man! I gotta say, I am disappointed in you though....I sell my car and you let our small Atlanta group fall apart.:nk:

BTW, I was in Douglasville last weekend and saw a gray Fox so I chased it down only to realize it wasn't you, lol. It was a clean coupe but it had some lame Cobra Rs on it.

Pardue, sorry to hear about your job man. Try to stay positive and keep looking, hopefully you'll find something even better.

LOL im ashamed! Also youve seen the blue coupe so you know whats to come, reagardless we need to do a meet sometime as soon as it gets warm!

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
LOL im ashamed! Also youve seen the blue coupe so you know whats to come, reagardless we need to do a meet sometime as soon as it gets warm!

Yeah, the blue coupe is going to be bad......if you ever finish it! And I'll come as long as y'all don't mind a lifted Sequoia tagging along!:crazy:

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
First Sunday of the month in January. I go with a friend of mine to hang out then we go and get good....

It is off 400. Exit 11 I think. Windward parkway. The website is coffeeandoctane.com if I recall correctly. or you can google it...

Either way free show to hang out and look at cool cars.

I have my car back so I am going this time around. Getting there early to get a good spot is plus.

Also the local PD HANGS OUT WATCHING..... FYI. So no acting a fool like burnouts or racing. Keep it cool so we can all hang out there.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I think it's caffeine and octane, I've heard of it when the FPCOA forum was still active

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
The video is there but not the event... Weird. Wonder if they aren't sponsors or something like that.....

Do you know if it was the one up in the mtns at an airfield. I thought that was a mile race, not a. 1/2 mle

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
From what I'm gathering it was a WannaGoFast.com event that maybe CaffeenandOctane had a hand with?
The youtube video said the next running will be Sept 2013 though. I was going to look for more details over at the WannaGoFast.com site.

***Edit
Here is the link from last years event
http://www.wannagofast.com/clayton.php
It's up in Clayton GA at some private air strip. It was $195 last year (early registration)....might have to be a birthday gift for me cause I don't think I would normally pay that much otherwise.

Last edited:

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
I'm planning on going Sunday if anyone wants to join..... Weather permitting of course... Anyone else in?

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
I am there if you are coming.

Grabber orange with gtcs bumpers

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Great show.... I was there in the back .... Lots of cool cars.

Will return when warmer.. They said there are over 800 in the peak times..

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
I think I saw you pull in (heard that pro charger!)
I had to leave around 9:30, my girl wasn't feeling too good and was a bit cold haha.

Ill definitely make a point to next time I am there.

It was a last minute decision to go, I'll post the day before next time.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
I won't be at the one in February. Wife bought a trip for Christmas.... But make it a point to stop by in march... I will looks for you...

Back