Anyone in the Atlanta area intrested in doing a meet up at the Varsity at some point?

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Did we ever decide on just a get together? lol

I am not sure...... What does everyone want to do.

We can always do the toys for tots at summits..... That might be easier and have a purpose. I vote for that..... It is dec 1 a sat and supports a great cause

The plan is to meet at Summit on December 1. Us northside folks should definitely ride down together.

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if I will be able to come to the sat event. But will be at caffeine and octane dec2.

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure if I will be able to come to the sat event. But will be at caffeine and octane dec2.

I plan on doing both!

As for summit..... Northside people.... Do we want to meet off old peach tree rd at the QT.? Or hwy 20 at mall of ga?

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Hows SDRW compared to Atl DW? is it a faster track? I might go If I have nothing else to do.

SDRW is not as strict... Less prep...... Last year for track day people didn't get a lot of traction till 11-12 cause of the temps during the day. The track was cold and the asphalt was not too sticky. As the day went by, it got better.....

Memphis 05

forum member
Reaction score
Same one I've been talking about.... If the car is ready I will go......

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
Same one I've been talking about.... If the car is ready I will go......

Well now im out, i didnt realize that it was the last weekend before TURKEY RUN so i need to work on the 92 before i go! Sucks cause i wanted to make it!

On a side note , Atlanta folks need to have a meet, even if its a sunday afternoon at the varsity, somthing small!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I got laid off yesterday and will not be able to make this meet. I need to watch my money right now. This sucks, hopefully we can have another one soon. I can't believe they laid me off this time of year.

WTBTraction

forum member
Reaction score
I got laid off yesterday and will not be able to make this meet. I need to watch my money right now. This sucks, hopefully we can have another one soon. I can't believe they laid me off this time of year.

Damn man :( I got laid off a long time ago when ATT took over Bellsouth around this time. :( Keep your head up man, things happen for a reason even if it doesnt seem that way.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Damn man :( I got laid off a long time ago when ATT took over Bellsouth around this time. :( Keep your head up man, things happen for a reason even if it doesnt seem that way.

Thanks man! I am really not the type of guy to feel sorry for myself but it is kind of depressing to get laid off during the holidays. I will bounce back and get through this though.

justinS197

Go low or go home!!!
Reaction score
damn that fox is looking good Justin

Appreciate the love! Its a turd

Man that sucks a huge one, i hope you can find something, this economy is a joke!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Man that sucks a huge one, i hope you can find something, this economy is a joke!

Yeah it is tough for sure. Hopefully I can find something pretty soon. I have a couple of leads already so I am staying positive. I will probably end up in a dealership selling parts.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that man. When Chick-Fil-A corp laid me off, I had just told my boss we were expecting a baby (told him on Wed and that Friday I was laid off). It was a long BS story....but good timing for YOU is not what companies look at.

Work those leads and be diligent man. There are jobs out there, you just have to be on your "A" game.

If you're in IT, PM me and I'll check some leads I have (whats your maximum drive area?)

I'm still down for this meet, by the way (Summit Racing Toys For Tots).
***Edit***
I had it in my head that this was going to be on Dec 2nd...So I'm double checking my schedule.
But Pardue - If you want to make this meet, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to chip in for gas.

Last edited:
Back