Boss Under Glass Dyno Vids

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
These are actually from last year and I FINALLY uploaded the vids from my cam. Should have new ones in the next few weeks with the new cams and hopefully nitrous.

dougie b

Reaction score
thats awesome i love hearing that supershaker....but where are the black PJ wheels??

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Sounds incredible and some serious numbers! what kind of cams are you putting in?

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
different engine as far as I know. Pretty sure you can only bore the 281 to a 298 right? I could be wrong tho.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
This a stock block car?

Yes :evil:

the parnelli jones mustang came with a 302 opposed to the 281 in the GT`s

:beer:

So is it a bored 281 or a completely different engine?

Mostly stroke...

different engine as far as I know. Pretty sure you can only bore the 281 to a 298 right? I could be wrong tho.

Saleen says Ford's machine work is surprisingly good, with extremely high accuracy in the align-hone and other critical areas. Apparently, cylinder bore accuracy isn't a high priority, so Saleen hones all PJ bores to 3.554 inches with torque plates. This 0.002-inch honing is to rid the cylinders of taper and make the power output more consistent engine-to-engine. It has nothing to do with increasing the engine's displacement; that's done by increasing the stroke.

To get 302 ci of displacement, Saleen uses its own forged-steel crankshaft with the stroke lengthened to 3.800 inches. Bill Talley specifies an American forging for quality-control reasons; he knows where the steel came from and can better control the grinding finish. The resulting crank is of consistent high quality, sports the longer stroke, but doesn't include racy features such as weight reduction or knife-edging. They're not needed on a street engine.

Because high-rpm durability is important in the PJ engine, the Saleen crankshaft is internally balanced with slugs of heavy metal. "You aren't going to hurt this thing," Bill says of his 302 crank.

Read more: http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...stang_engine_build/viewall.html#ixzz1Z7sNWteH

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back