Check this out

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
As some of you know I recently put on my saleen supercharger. I soon developed a belt squeak and could not figure out why. Well thanks to S197 forum we found a link that told us to swap the 90mm and 76mm pulleys by the alternator bracket. I guess heres why.

2011-06-05_20-14-49_426.jpg

There is 6 groves in the metal, I could not believe it. The best part the belt squeak is gone. Glad to have found the link on here.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
have you gotten a chance to take it to the dragstrip yet?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
As some of you know I recently put on my saleen supercharger. I soon developed a belt squeak and could not figure out why. Well thanks to S197 forum we found a link that told us to swap the 90mm and 76mm pulleys by the alternator bracket. I guess heres why.

There is 6 groves in the metal, I could not believe it. The best part the belt squeak is gone. Glad to have found the link on here.

Who suggested changing that pulley to 90mm? The pulley that needs to be changed is next to the P/S pump - replaces the 76mm plastic smooth guided idler pulley supplied by Saleen - not the 76mm metal smooth non guided idler pulley sandwiched between the front cover and the alternator bracket.

Last edited:

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Who suggested changing that pulley to 90mm? The pulley that needs to be changed is next to the P/S pump - replaces the 76mm plastic smooth guided idler pulley supplied by Saleen - not the 76mm metal smooth non guided idler pulley sandwiched between the front cover and the alternator bracket.

I already had the metal 76mm it is now under the alt bracket. The 90mm is before the power steering pump now.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what that is a picture of but my install manual didn't say anything about that. In fact, I had two 90s on mine!!! Thankfully oreilys had a 76 in stock and it swapped in fine and my car runs great! No noise!!

Last edited:

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
That picture is the install manual from my 2010 Kit ... Says to remove the lower pulley .. and move the upper pulley to where the lower pulley was. The kit included a new upper pulley.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back