Close to buying my turbo kit

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
all in. first datalog set. now waiting on revisions. fitment was ok. there was some issues that needed corrected and others that still need work. but all in i am satisfied.

f.jpg

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
front view (yes i did reclock the turbo.)

View attachment 77809

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this kit, with a different turbo. I saw a youtube video that had some issues. Looks like this kit was designed for 05-06 cars. What year did you install this on? Based on the cooling system setup in the photos, your car is an 05-06.
Did you have issues routing the exhaust back down and out the back of the car?
Lastly, did you have any issues mounting the PCM?

These issues were noted in this video here.
while attempting to setup the kit on an 08 car. My car is an 06 however, the cooling system is currently setup for the 07+

Thanks for the insight, looking to purchase this kit soon unless someone has a better option. I'd like to retain power steering and ABS.

miltonmegilliii

Learning the ways.
Reaction score
Yes mine is an 05, no real issues routing out back and fitting to the OE axel back wasnt too complicated either just bought two 3in exhaust legs and had them welded to an s shape and fit right to the axel back with a Ypipe reducer. As for the PCM they didnt really provide a nice was to secure it. I extended the ground wire and added some antirattle foam to the frame. just tucked it away.

before you purchase the kit make sure you have all the extra little bits and pieces, talk with your tuner and see if he has any special requierments and so on.
I have a decent size write up with photos of this kit includeing the exhaust routing in a thread here. if you wanted to take a look. https://www.s197forum.com/threads/cx-racing-turbo-kit-for-3v.139107/

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back