dyno tune?

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
Well I already have a tune from bama. So I was wondering if I was to get a dyno tune would it add anymore HP? My only mods are bama tune/cai, o/r h pipe and flowmasters, & 4.10's. The reason im asking is because the guy at my local performance shop said they can get more out of the car than my email tune.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
search_it_noob.gif

9e22e8e0.gif

please review the posting rules............ moved

63XL500

Reaction score
I would have it dyno tuned if it were my car. Even without a power adder you'll know where you are for rwhp. That way if you add any more mods later on you'll know what they really added. Also would be good to confirm you're not running too lean, and on the other hand not running too fat which would be costing you hp. Just check around to find a shop that is trustworthy.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The bama tuned cars I've seen on a dyno are usually very conservatively tuned. An example would be a 4.6 3v with 27 degrees of max spark advance and an a/f of 12:1. It was down about 30hp from where it should of been imo.

You could wait until you do more mods and need a retune.

FYI this is chit chat on this forum.

nola504boy

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry about posting this in the wrong place.

So I still should see a gain even with the 93 bama tune. Thanks guys. Also from what I've heard there one of the best shops in Houston. I will be taking her there next week then. The only reason I was asking because a few guys told me I didn't have enough mods for a dyno tune.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I would wait until you add more mods before spending the money on a dyno tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back