E85 or not

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2013 Mustang with the new 2.9 whipple, stage 3 cams, and full exhaust. Car is sitting at 692rwhp and 505tq on 9psi. Should I spend the money and go E85 for its cooling purposes? Also entertaining the idea of selling my car and getting a GT350. Thoughts?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1455651518772.jpg
    FB_IMG_1455651518772.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 11

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2013 Mustang with the new 2.9 whipple, stage 3 cams, and full exhaust. Car is sitting at 692rwhp and 505tq on 9psi. Should I spend the money and go E85 for its cooling purposes? Also entertaining the idea of selling my car and getting a GT350. Thoughts?

A 2.9 whipple on 9psi is barely moving, I'm not even sure you can make a pulley big enough to spin a 2.9 whipple slow enough to make 9psi lol. Either way, as I stated that blower is barely moving, the most heat you'll experience from it at this point is mechanical friction. I wouldn't even be remotely concerned as it sits.

However, I'm all for E85. You can find plenty of E85 threads if you search function. E85 is going to better detonation insurance for your motor as well as planting a nice chunk of power gains to the ground.

Just make sure you have enough pump and injector to handle the additional fuel you'll need when you switch over.

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
Yea was gong to do the injectors, but my tuner says I have to do a full fuel system which I got quoted 5k for.

Girlfriend wants me to get a GT350 but I'm ok with either or as I do love my car but can grow to love a GT350 lol

Last edited by a moderator:

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
Im not sure if the 5k is justifiable for an added 40-50hp but the safety fact of it is the biggest bonus

5 k sounds a little bit high to me

I did mine for 2200

Thats what I thought. I looked up there pricing and with injectors the fuel system comes out to almost 3k, Then the added tuning and 1k for install

I may beable to do it myself now as it is no longer my daily

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you go e85 turn up the power - or don't waste the money.

good luck getting a GT350

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
Well not sold on the GT350 yet. Problem if I turn up the power then I have to build the motor. almost 5k easily turns into almost 15k lol

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Then build the motor, replace fuel for e85 then crank the power. Lol

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
A good twin pump fuel system kit and quality injectors like I.D.s will run you around 2500.00. If your not installing it your probably looking at just under a grand in labor. 15 psi of boost and over I would definitely go with E85. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

I don't spend big money on a car I don't plan to keep a long time. If your on the fence about it don't do it. I can't remember who it was, Evolution or somebody is getting over 800 hp out of the new GT350 with a Whipple. Something to think about.

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
A good twin pump fuel system kit and quality injectors like I.D.s will run you around 2500.00. If your not installing it your probably looking at just under a grand in labor. 15 psi of boost and over I would definitely go with E85. Otherwise, don't waste your money.

I don't spend big money on a car I don't plan to keep a long time. If your on the fence about it don't do it. I can't remember who it was, Evolution or somebody is getting over 800 hp out of the new GT350 with a Whipple. Something to think about.

Yea the the plan would be to whipple the new Shelby If I get it, so definitely something for me to consider. I am only running 9psi now so it does kind of seem like a waste

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
If your on a stock bottom end I wouldn't do anything more your pretty much at the limits now and adding E85 would be good insurance where you are now but not to turn it up. Fuel system to support it can be had for 2 k and shopping around for some ID 1000 injectors you should be able to get those for 750 ish so yeah the 5 k is way to high.

2013sTang

forum member
Reaction score
If your on a stock bottom end I wouldn't do anything more your pretty much at the limits now and adding E85 would be good insurance where you are now but not to turn it up. Fuel system to support it can be had for 2 k and shopping around for some ID 1000 injectors you should be able to get those for 750 ish so yeah the 5 k is way to high.

Yea I though as much when I got quoted almost 5k. Power by the hour does great work in south Florida but there labor is expensive!!!! May just leave it where its at for now since I'M not interested in more power lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back